NECA Django Unchained 8" Pose-able Action Figure Dolls

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ditch

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just found out about these from my supplier looks like NECA are going into Megos.

Django Unchained 8" Pose-able Action Figure Dolls

From the highly anticipated new film from prolific director Quentin Tarantino comes this collection of poseable 8" figures with tailored fabric clothing similar to the retro toy lines that helped define the licensed action figure market in the 1970s. These characters are faithful to their western looks in Django Unchained and includes the likenesses of such famous Hollywood talent as Jamie Foxx and Leonardo Dicaprio. Characters included are Candie, Stephen, Django, Broomhilda, Ace, and Dr. King Schultz. Each figure stands approx. 8" tall, with tailored western clothing, and authentic weapons and accessories.

Window Box Packaging

No meh from me. I like MEGO and Bif Bang Pow, etc, and so this is good news to me - excited by the possibility I am.

No meh from me either, always been curious about MEGO style figs and this line looks like it could a great introduction into an area of action figure collecting i haven't really explored yet.

Also i bloody love westerns.

No meh from me either, always been curious about MEGO style figs and this line looks like it could a great introduction into an area of action figure collecting i haven't really explored yet.

If you want to be impressed with what can be done in 1/9 scale, check out Zica's Buck Rogers and Tigerman figures. They're top-notch.

https://www.zicatoys.com/zica_toys_006.htm

I was thinking more off ThreeAs work in regards to what the best of this style has to offer, though admittedly those are closer to 6 inch scale than anything else. :)
I don't think neca will be quite as good, but if they can get within eyesight of the quality set by ThreeA it'll be a buy for me.

Last edited:
I remember when death proof came out QT wanted neca to make these style of figures for that. so I guess this is his chance. I think if it's obscure enough it'll be cool

I'm looking forward to seeing how these come out.
There's a certain charm to those smaller figures when done right, and I welcome a company's willingness to try new things and expand the horizons for us collectors.

They'll probably be as bad as the LOST ones... those were awful...

6a0120a721c2d7970b0120a8605e8f970b-800wi

6a0120a721c2d7970b0120a8605ee6970b-800wi

Neca won't give us 12 inch figures but 8 inch Megos, yup! :lol

You already have your Hot toys and your EB and your Sideshow and what not dominating that market, NECA would get their ass kicked if they tried producing 1/6 figs, best to try and capitalize on other areas of the market.

At least, thats what i would do if i was in charge, but i've never ran a business before so what do i know :p

Love the 1/9 scale, it is my favorite. Still hoping for realistic figures in that scale. It's been 15 + years waiting for it to come to light from a mass produce company. Til the I keep looking at my flatt figures, still the best in my collection!

not so sure Neca would get there butts kicked when it comes to making 12 inch figures.
least they have the license compared to some of the sculptor over in asia charging a arm and a leg for a piece that is going to be made by hot toys or Enterbay anyways..
the ones that promise head sculpts will fit on bodies and then lie about it and tell you it's your problem now..
wow i see there doing seven in custom pieces now wonder if everything will fit on these..

Terrible license and from what it looks like,movie aswell to do mego's...

these won't sell well

You already have your Hot toys and your EB and your Sideshow and what not dominating that market, NECA would get their ass kicked if they tried producing 1/6 figs, best to try and capitalize on other areas of the market.

At least, thats what i would do if i was in charge, but i've never ran a business before so what do i know :p

Why do you think all these companies make 1/6th figures? Because they're popular.... Neca would have no problems coming into the market with a $80 price tag, articulated body, and real clothing. They also have some insanely good licenses to choose from. In fact they would thrive in 1/6th IMO. It would be a breathe of fresh air in a market full of extreme prices.

I absolutely agree that we need less expensive 1/6 items out there, i was trying to rationalize why NECA seems to be shying away from the scale, could be a myriad of reasons, could be that they simply haven't really considered it yet, i just figured they would want to stay out of a market that has such fierce competition.

But i do see your point, with todays insane prices it would be nice to see NECA try their hand at the 1/6 market, it would certainly make for more affordable collectibles.

I've been saying it forever: NECA should start their 1/6 line with aliens and predators, where sculpting and accuracy really dominate, with little to no cloth items.
They could make those figures and kick HT's butt with little extra effort and slowly gain experience and market in that new (to them) scale.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with this. It's something new.

Back