Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slynger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Harmy has completed work on his v2.5 Despecialized Edition and it is superb. The MKV file is available now and a Blu-Ray w/ Bonus Disc should be available late 2014.

For all the OT purists, you will want this version as your definitive version for viewing the 1977 classic!

**Please read Post #439***

Please PM one of the 3 members below.

STAR WARS MKV 2.5 Available Now

EMPIRE STRIKES BACK MKV 2.0 Available Now

*Blu-Ray 2.5 w/ Bonus Disc to be available late 2014*
pixletwin
Something Sexy
Brent72 (2 copies)
costell2
nash
Kuzeh
jimbojones1138
shocktrooper_au
Fubeca
bmarz1000
Grendelspyce
joebizz34
Scurvy26
stshammgod
K07
the fuzz
Ultimate Weapon
dsokyra
MadCow
steveo
Schropt
Cocoboloboy
winter
Neal136
Darth Milo
Drakul
The Ween
cerealkeller
newmennium
SpaceCrawler
punisher1974
Irvy
Gruson
King Darkness
FLOSI
jar_jar_stinks
paulcarson
Hedji
punkg42
88milesfan101 x2
Lopie
Stigma
DarthAlias
Jwebb72
Edwood13
vaderperp
jra81984
Kenbenobi
The Stig
INCOM
Punisher75
jimbojones1138
boba_fett300
TheLostArk
swo77
galactiboy

Due to the number of requests that are being received, you must have a minimum of 50 posts before contacting one of the below individuals.

Those who can help:
JimjimmyJones85
dneilan1

For anyone who wants disc labels. These are from the OT forum, the ROTJ was remade by OrangePeace who is a member here.

Last edited:
Re: Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered

And where could I find this if I was so inclined? :monkey3

In what ways does this differ from the previous Harmy?

the biggest is color correction. He also redid some mattes, fonts, mostly technical stuff. Color is the biggest thing the viewer will notice. He also redid the Kenobi/Vader lightsaber duel with better lightsabers.

bdvsv2.jpg

some more comparison shots -https://plus.google.com/photos/109609428403596349302/albums/5781873106061439201?banner=pwa&authkey=CIrmwrmM0s6JwwE

I feel a great disturbance in the Force! :rock

I just perused originaltrilogy.com in response to this thread and stumbled upon this quote:

Lucas: I am altering the film. Pray I don't alter it any further.

Fans: This film is getting worse all the time!

Classic! :rotfl

I just perused originaltrilogy.com in response to this thread and stumbled upon this quote:

Classic! :rotfl

Harmy's tagline! Sad thing is, that quote fits perfectly. Thank goodness for the tech know-how of Harmy and his helpers.

Watching Han shoot first brings a sense of joy that can't be described. :yess:

Just like Vader, i think Lucas is holding out, his final act to redeem himself will be to give fans what he knows they all want, OT remastered super digitally without all the hoopla special edition blu ray changes.
Yes he says the originals will never be seen again as a release, but i think he will have an epiphany before he kicks the bucket and will change his mind :lol
Or so i like to tell myself... :pray:

the biggest is color correction. He also redid some mattes, fonts, mostly technical stuff. Color is the biggest thing the viewer will notice. He also redid the Kenobi/Vader lightsaber duel with better lightsabers.

bdvsv2.jpg

some more comparison shots -https://plus.google.com/photos/109609428403596349302/albums/5781873106061439201?banner=pwa&authkey=CIrmwrmM0s6JwwE

I believe the colors on his first set were already corrected (compared to the jacked up tint on the blu-rays.) I don't know that I need any other changes especially if he's crossing over into adywan territory by making certain elements "better."

So Harmy can't help himself from fixing SW either? :lol

I believe his 2.0 is using the Blu-rays, so I would assume he's not doing major tweaks.

Awesome, I know what I'll be doing this weekend :lecture

I believe the colors on his first set were already corrected (compared to the jacked up tint on the blu-rays.) I don't know that I need any other changes especially if he's crossing over into adywan territory by making certain elements "better."

Harmy is in no way crossing into Adywan territory. While I appreciate Adywan's work, he went through and chose what pieces of the SE he wanted to add into the original along with other elements he created.

Harmy's work leaves no trace of the SE in the film at all. It is a work to completely restore the original film.

Back