Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series! Beware Spoilers!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
ABC Greenlights Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series

ABC Greenlights Joss Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series

Big, big news. ABC is going to make a S.H.I.E.L.D. show and Joss Whedon is going to write (and possibly direct) the pilot! Commence freak out.

Deadline is reporting that ABC has given the go-ahead to begin work on Whedon's show about S.H.I.E.L.D., the top secret organization that flies around in an invisible aircraft carrier. Many people had suspected this would happen after the copious marketing behind the S.H.I.E.L.D.-centric short Marvel film, Item 47. And Deadline says the series will continue it's growing focus on the agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Whedon's brother Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen will be joining Whedon on this project. Plus the big guy might direct the pilot (here's hoping). No word on when we'll see this pilot, or who has been cast. Or even who the main characters will be, since Samuel L. Jackson is unlikely to star in a weekly TV series.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series!

Would prefer to see a Marvel TV series focusing on lesser superheroes taking on crime on the streets like Daredevil, Punisher, Power Man/Iron Fist, etc. I'll probably check it out, and it could work of course, but SHIELD seems better suited to being a supporting part of the Marvel live action U rather than a real focus of it.

I hope they'll at least get to explore some of the wacky villainous "armies" of the Marvel U like AIM and (modern) Hydra.

I am very, very interested to see what Team Whedon does with this. Count me in. I expect we could see Sam Jackson's Nick Fury in at least one episode, maybe more (if the money's right).

I am very, very interested to see what Team Whedon does with this. Count me in. I expect we could see Sam Jackson's Nick Fury in at least one episode, maybe more (if the money's right).

His presence alone would make me tune in! :wink1:

I'd imagine that Cobie woman will be in it, she's a TV actress afterall

Yeah, possibly Sam Jackson will be in a few episodes - not a series regular.

Too bad they killed off Coulson. This seems right up his alley.

They may set this prior to Avengers. Im pretty excited especially if they include some of the movie actors in the odd episode.

Im thinking the One Shot short movie included with the Avengers BluRay will give us some insight into the tone of the series.

Is this the TV series that Marvel confirmed was in production along with Avengers 2? I always thought that was going to be a new Hulk series? Either way this idea could work...

They could set this in the past and show the story of how S.H.I.E.L.D. was established. Fury alludes to this in Iron Man 2 when he speaks about Howard Stark being a founding member of S.H.I.E.L.D. and you could even bring in a younger Fury as well.

Just a thought!

Now I know why the CGI the spear tip from the Coulson dead scene. It's to make the injury look less severe hence giving the possibility that he survives.

I guess Coulson will be a series regular.

Re: Marvel's live-action S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Series...

:yess: I've always liked Shield. Should make for a fun twist on the usual police/spy drama type show.

Re: Marvel's live-action S.H.I.E.L.D. TV Series...

I would love it if Samuel L. Jackson had a large role on this, but realize that most likely won't be the case, but I do hope he pops in a couple of times a year. Same with Black Widow, Hill, and Hawkeye. But a Broyles role ala Fringe would be sweet for Fury IMO.

Coulson would have been the obvious choice for the series to be based on, but we all know how that ended :dunno

Any ideas on what agent will get the spotlight? Seems like they need to go with a real, established Marvel character and not just make someone new up. I mean its not like the Marvel Universe is lacking of character choices.

Back