eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gino

Super Freak
Reaction score
EFX is pleased to announce the latest helmet in the Legend Edition line.
SCOUT TROOPER!

Our helmet was created by utilizing the original ROTJ production molds which as far as I know is the first time that original production molds from the original trilogy have been used to create a licensed collectible.
How awesome is that?!

The original screen-used helmets were made in vac formed plastic halves which were then glued together.
The seam lines were filled with putty and sanded (relatively) smooth and then the entire helmet was painted white.
The seam lines on the original helmets were very fragile and every known original has cracks in the paint in these areas.
Because of vulnerability of the seam lines as well as the production and CS nightmare it would surely cause, the decision was made to create our replicas in fiberglass.
Even though the materials will be different, every other aspect of the helmet will be as screen accurate as possible including the overall forms, paint, detailing, accessories, and function.

There will be two different editions, a weathered screen-accurate version and a clean non-weathered version.
We are not quite sure at this point if the weathered version will become the Legend with the clean version becoming the Limited as it happened with the ANH Vader.
For the time being, we're just going to label them 'weathered screen-accurate' and 'clean'.
Both versions will be identical with the exception of the weathering effect.

Hope you enjoy the pics!!

weathered screen-accurate version

scout_lgd_1.jpg

scout_lgd_2.jpg

scout_lgd_3.jpg

scout_lgd_4.jpg

scout_lgd_5.jpg

scout_lgd_6.jpg

scout_lgd_7.jpg

scout_lgd_8.jpg

scout_lgd_9.jpg

Clean looks great, the weathered looks like the Biker Scout went down the wrong alley and someone tagged his helmet.

Totally agree. Weathering just does nothing for me with the one exception being Boba Fett (and on this, I have to say all it looks like to me is someone sprayed certain areas lightly with black paint).

The clean version looks amazing, though. Not collecting helmets (yet), but that sure is tempting.

Totally agree. Weathering just does nothing for me with the one exception being Boba Fett (and on this, I have to say all it looks like to me is someone sprayed certain areas lightly with black paint).

The clean version looks amazing, though. Not collecting helmets (yet), but that sure is tempting.

I'm very tempted to get in the line... I would be even more tempted if a Snowtrooper was in the works. No one ever makes Snowtrooper's helmets. :(

If I ever decide to get this I'll go with clean version. It's more impressive IMO. And if I want weathered I'll have some pro weathering it.

No one ever makes Snowtrooper's helmets. :(

In fact Dan Laws and Moncal make very cool Snowtrooper helmets

If I ever decide to get this I'll go with clean version. It's more impressive IMO. And if I want weathered I'll have some pro weathering it.

In fact Dan Laws and Moncal make very cool Snowtrooper helmets

I mean companies such as MR or EFX, fans make everything :lol

PS I'll be at C6 so be sure to stop by the efx booth if you want to discuss any particulars or check out the helmet up close and personal.

I mean companies such as MR or EFX, fans make everything :lol

... the best! :lecture

:goodpost::exactly:

The thing is that most of the fans put a piece of their soul in each prop replica or helmet they make. They paint the props and replicas themselves and not hiring some underpaid, uninterested, and careless Chinese worker who doesn't even know what that thing he is working on really is. Many fans where the ones discovering stuff not even ILM knew or cared about.

Look above at the thread with the Elm-Studios Palpatine 1:1 bust and compare it with the licensed Sideshow grinning version. Look at the RS Prop Masters Stormtrooper helmet, Gino, CFO ROTJ etc. and compare them to whichever you want licensed, and you'll see their fantastic quality. Try comparing my own accurate converted Sterling blaster with the licensed idealized and way too bare MR Stormtrooper blaster version...

Go on and compare the licensed Rubies and Museum Replicas crappy Stormie armors with some of the finest fan made ones. And this is only when talking about props and helmets just look at the custom sculpted and painted statues from SW, Marvel, DC etc.

Many times the fans also use original molds. Try to read more and understand the bigger world of unlicensed props and you will find out a lot of great things. Go to RPF for example and search for work of some of these unlicensed artists and you will then understand their hard work. So try do not disrespect fan made stuff unless you learned a lot about that, you might have a very nice surprise about their products high quality.

:goodpost::exactly:

The thing is that most of the fans put a piece of their soul in each prop replica or helmet they make. They paint the props and replicas themselves and not hiring some underpaid, uninterested, and careless Chinese worker who doesn't even know what that thing he is working on really is. Many fans where the ones discovering stuff not even ILM knew or cared about.

Look above at the thread with the Elm-Studios Palpatine 1:1 bust and compare it with the licensed Sideshow grinning version. Look at the RS Prop Masters Stormtrooper helmet, Gino, CFO ROTJ etc. and compare them to whichever you want licensed, and you'll see their fantastic quality. Try comparing my own accurate converted Sterling blaster with the licensed idealized and way too bare MR Stormtrooper blaster version...

Go on and compare the licensed Rubies and Museum Replicas crappy Stormie armors with some of the finest fan made ones. And this is only when talking about props and helmets just look at the custom sculpted and painted statues from SW, Marvel, DC etc.

Many times the fans also use original molds. Try to read more and understand the bigger world of unlicensed props and you will find out a lot of great things. Go to RPF for example and search for work of some of these unlicensed artists and you will then understand their hard work. So try do not disrespect fan made stuff unless you learned a lot about that, you might have a very nice surprise about their products high quality.

Huh, I didn't know I needed to be a member of the RPF. I thought I'd had my account there for a few years. And The Dented Helmet, and Whitearmor, and Clonetroopers, and Bikerscout, and some other 501st detachments.... All I was trying to say is that no licensee has made a Snowtrooper :rotfl

Huh, I didn't know I needed to be a member of the RPF. I thought I'd had my account there for a few years. And The Dented Helmet, and Whitearmor, and Clonetroopers, and Bikerscout, and some other 501st detachments.... All I was trying to say is that no licensee has made a Snowtrooper :rotfl

My English might not be so good LOL, but your previous post clearly states: "No one ever makes Snowtrooper's helmets" ;) You were talking about "this line" as in eFX Legend/LE, but the last phrase was about "No one ever" :wave

I'm very tempted to get in the line... I would be even more tempted if a Snowtrooper was in the works. No one ever makes Snowtrooper's helmets. :(

Anyway is good to be on RPF and other forums like that, I'm there as well for some time already, and I learned a lot. In fact I learn something new almost each day. :exactly:

It seems the clean version has its fans already :). As for the weathered screen-accurate version, if accuracy only stays in term of original mold and weathering, but nothing else, then I'll be totally happy with my upcoming LW version (ABS vs fiberglass, made the same way as the originals aka vac formed plastic halves vs fiberglass in less assembly pieces, with 3M headband vs full padding etc.). Might get the eFX clean one if price is right though.

This looks great! I may be up for the clean one since it will go nicely with the eventual Stormtrooper. I can't wait to see these in person next week.

Thanks for posting the pictures, Gino. :duff

Back