Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Default Re: eFX SCOUT TROOPER HELMET LEGEND EDITION!!

Quote Originally Posted by jkno View Post
    If I ever decide to get this I'll go with clean version. It's more impressive IMO. And if I want weathered I'll have some pro weathering it.

In fact Dan Laws and Moncal make very cool Snowtrooper helmets
    I mean companies such as MR or EFX, fans make everything

Super Freak
    Feedback
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthus View Post
    ...fans make everything...
    ... the best!

PS I'll be at C6 so be sure to stop by the efx booth if you want to discuss any particulars or check out the helmet up close and personal.

Like my page on Facebook! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    I mean companies such as MR or EFX, fans make everything
    Quote Originally Posted by furystorm View Post
    ... the best!

The thing is that most of the fans put a piece of their soul in each prop replica or helmet they make. They paint the props and replicas themselves and not hiring some underpaid, uninterested, and careless Chinese worker who doesn't even know what that thing he is working on really is. Many fans where the ones discovering stuff not even ILM knew or cared about.

Look above at the thread with the Elm-Studios Palpatine 1:1 bust and compare it with the licensed Sideshow grinning version. Look at the RS Prop Masters Stormtrooper helmet, Gino, CFO ROTJ etc. and compare them to whichever you want licensed, and you'll see their fantastic quality. Try comparing my own accurate converted Sterling blaster with the licensed idealized and way too bare MR Stormtrooper blaster version...

Go on and compare the licensed Rubies and Museum Replicas crappy Stormie armors with some of the finest fan made ones. And this is only when talking about props and helmets just look at the custom sculpted and painted statues from SW, Marvel, DC etc.

Many times the fans also use original molds. Try to read more and understand the bigger world of unlicensed props and you will find out a lot of great things. Go to RPF for example and search for work of some of these unlicensed artists and you will then understand their hard work. So try do not disrespect fan made stuff unless you learned a lot about that, you might have a very nice surprise about their products high quality.
    Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates but doesn't go away
    Hidden Content ◄ ◄ ◄ Hidden Content ► ► ► Hidden Content

Super Freak
    Feedback
    8 (100%)
    I want one, but there is no chance in Hades I'll order through EFX.

ohh and clean version all the way

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jkno View Post

The thing is that most of the fans put a piece of their soul in each prop replica or helmet they make. They paint the props and replicas themselves and not hiring some underpaid, uninterested, and careless Chinese worker who doesn't even know what that thing he is working on really is. Many fans where the ones discovering stuff not even ILM knew or cared about.

Look above at the thread with the Elm-Studios Palpatine 1:1 bust and compare it with the licensed Sideshow grinning version. Look at the RS Prop Masters Stormtrooper helmet, Gino, CFO ROTJ etc. and compare them to whichever you want licensed, and you'll see their fantastic quality. Try comparing my own accurate converted Sterling blaster with the licensed idealized and way too bare MR Stormtrooper blaster version...

Go on and compare the licensed Rubies and Museum Replicas crappy Stormie armors with some of the finest fan made ones. And this is only when talking about props and helmets just look at the custom sculpted and painted statues from SW, Marvel, DC etc.

Many times the fans also use original molds. Try to read more and understand the bigger world of unlicensed props and you will find out a lot of great things. Go to RPF for example and search for work of some of these unlicensed artists and you will then understand their hard work. So try do not disrespect fan made stuff unless you learned a lot about that, you might have a very nice surprise about their products high quality.
    Huh, I didn't know I needed to be a member of the RPF. I thought I'd had my account there for a few years. And The Dented Helmet, and Whitearmor, and Clonetroopers, and Bikerscout, and some other 501st detachments.... All I was trying to say is that no licensee has made a Snowtrooper

The weathered one looks terrible.

Clean all the way.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    Huh, I didn't know I needed to be a member of the RPF. I thought I'd had my account there for a few years. And The Dented Helmet, and Whitearmor, and Clonetroopers, and Bikerscout, and some other 501st detachments.... All I was trying to say is that no licensee has made a Snowtrooper
    My English might not be so good LOL, but your previous post clearly states: "No one ever makes Snowtrooper's helmets" You were talking about "this line" as in eFX Legend/LE, but the last phrase was about "No one ever"

I'm very tempted to get in the line... I would be even more tempted if a Snowtrooper was in the works. No one ever makes Snowtrooper's helmets.
    Anyway is good to be on RPF and other forums like that, I'm there as well for some time already, and I learned a lot. In fact I learn something new almost each day.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    4 (100%)
    It seems the clean version has its fans already . As for the weathered screen-accurate version, if accuracy only stays in term of original mold and weathering, but nothing else, then I'll be totally happy with my upcoming LW version (ABS vs fiberglass, made the same way as the originals aka vac formed plastic halves vs fiberglass in less assembly pieces, with 3M headband vs full padding etc.). Might get the eFX clean one if price is right though.

Are you on the square?
    Feedback
    45 (100%)
    This looks great! I may be up for the clean one since it will go nicely with the eventual Stormtrooper. I can't wait to see these in person next week.

Thanks for posting the pictures, Gino.