Half-Life...3?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
It maybe closer then we thought. Apparently the Valve crew were wearing HL3 shirts at Comic Con, most took it as a joke. However the listing of what's to be revealed at Gamescom was put up and showed Half-Life 3, however this was quickly dismissed by Valve as "a mistake".

Still speculation is running rampant right now that it will indeed finally premiere and they are trying to keep it a surprise. :monkey1

Valve doesn't believe in the number '3'. It does not exist to them.

I've always hoped for a HL3, but so much time has passed that I have to wonder if they're still in touch with what could make a good HL game.

I look at other games, like Skyrim, that were sequels that came out years later and they do just feel like such a departure. Granted, Valve just had a major score with Portal 2, but can they catch lightning in a bottle three times for one franchise?

"UPDATE: I have made a second call to the Gamescom public info line. I was explicitly informed by one of the managers, that Valve were the ones who asked that HL3 be placed on the list; but that apparently, "just a few minutes ago", Valve requested that HL3 be removed from that list.

UPDATE 2: Valve has stated to CVG that they will not be showing any games at Cologne this year, and the Half-Life 3 listing has been removed from the PDF document in question.

UPDATE 3: Believe it or not, there's more. Gamescom organizers told Joystiq this: "We can not officially announce it. Please check our list for further changes. Please see the legend for information about the sources."

At this point, all I know is this: over the next couple of days, I will definitely be keeping an open mind, as well as my ears open."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk7VWcuVOf0&feature=youtu.be&t=2m

The tech demos and gameplay demos of Half-Life 2 at E3 2003 are in my opinion still the most impressive reveals of any game, period. The demos are still impressive to this day, and still give me goosebumps. If any Half-Life 3 gameplay/ tech demos can capture that magic again, I will **** a brick

I came to create a thread for this and I find out this thread exists.

Honestly, this is probably as satisfying as it will get, and it's pretty great at concept level as a follow up to EP2, still with a cliffhanger though.

I look forward to see how this develops and to find out the reasoning behind this "fanfic" as Laidlaw calls it.

BFMbQf1.png

Also, this channel is the most prolific Valve coverage on Youtube, any news will be rounded up nicely here:

PS: ****ing NEVER!

gEWCBub.jpg

>relating HL to undermeme.
Disgusting.

Also, that theory is one of many that already existed, nothing new, it's one of my favorite theories though.

"Comes another" refers to Gordon himself, as you see multiple corpses of Black Mesa scientists that traveled to Xen before you did.

Last edited:
I guess any theory is better than 'G-Man is Gordon from the future' tosh I've read over the years. :lol

I wonder if the creators of HL even have G-Man's backstory fully planned out in full, hidden away in a secret vault somewhere. It's arguably one of the biggest mysteries in gaming.

I doubt they have, or that it was ever their intention of fully disclosing it, it would be a disservice to the character and to the story.

Keep it simple, just disclose his allegiance/motivations and that's it, he requires no more explanation that does Mr. Mxyzptlk.

I thought kingdom hearts 3 was bad. This game is taking forever to come out.

Man I can still remember the day I got my older sister to buy the original for me when it came out. From the expansions, to team fortress to counter strike, there were a lot of great memories and lots of hours dumped into these games. Despite whatever excuses are out there (money, possible backlash, etc.), it would be a shame to just leave the series hanging the way it is now.

The blog post is an early idea of Laidlaw, he said it himself, it's not an indication HL3 is dead ( which for all we know, it could be ), people are being so histrionic about this, and most of them only know HL from the memes, even epistle 3 is a cliffhanger in itself, no different from ep2, a prologue at best.

Laidlaw was just being a bro and gave us some "closure" and room to imagine, if HL3 turns out to never happen.

Back