1/6th scale War Machine: find it or wait until One from Avengers 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WedgeWannaBe

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I heard rumors that War Machine would be in the second Avengers movie. As I'm new to Hot Toys it seems that there is a common theme that they release a better version of an existing figure later on. So my question is if I try and find an existing War Machine (movie version not special version) to add to my collection OR wait to see if he is rereleased. Also, I heard feedback that the first one wasn't that good of a sculpt and weapons were flimsy (don't know if that is true.)

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

War machine will be in iron man 3 which comes out next year (march or April,can't remember) so I would advise you to wait. At least that's what I'll do.

War machine will be in iron man 3 which comes out next year (march or April,can't remember) so I would advise you to wait. At least that's what I'll do.

Yeah, I would wait also. Even if he doesn't wear the same costume I'm sure HT will improve it and release it around the IM3 time anyway. :lol

You never know though! They waited, what 4 or 5 films to put out a Nick Fury figure. Same with Coulson (if he comes out)! No Pepper Potts, and she has been in more movies than Black Widow.

You just never know. It might be worth it to wait, but then, they may decide to not release another one...

You never know though! They waited, what 4 or 5 films to put out a Nick Fury figure. Same with Coulson (if he comes out)! No Pepper Potts, and she has been in more movies than Black Widow.

You just never know. It might be worth it to wait, but then, they may decide to not release another one...

Difference is, War Machine is worth making a figure of :lecture

I would wait. IM3 comes out next year. Assuming that WM is in it and has a major part, I could see him being in the first three or four figures that HT would make - assuming they make IM, whatever villian is in the next one (Mandarin or Iron Patriot), and then WM. Given the general delays, you could have an IM3 WM in-hand by early '15.

From early indications, WM in Iron Man 3 may have a major repaint/redeco, which may or may not float your boat (there are some pics floating around this forum, if you're curious). HT will certainly be releasing this version of War Machine so you might want to take that into account when making your decision...

War machine will be in iron man 3 and I'm sure ht will make him but will it be the same war machine?I'm sure the costume will be different hence the figure will be different.

I would wait. IM3 comes out next year. Assuming that WM is in it and has a major part, I could see him being in the first three or four figures that HT would make - assuming they make IM, whatever villian is in the next one (Mandarin or Iron Patriot), and then WM. Given the general delays, you could have an IM3 WM in-hand by early '15.

Assuming HT make IM??? HT has been known to make one or two versions of this character, I'll assume the Mark VIII is a fairly safe bet! :lol

Thing is, early pics have surfaced and there are hints to indicate that the character that people have speculated might be Iron Patriot is, in fact, War Machine. Yes, he might look that different in this film...

If you really want him, get him for cheap. If another wm comes up, just sell it off for the cheap price you got for him for and upgrade. You get to play with it for a year and you don't lose any money.

Assuming HT make IM??? HT has been known to make one or two versions of this character, I'll assume the Mark VIII is a fairly safe bet! :lol

Thing is, early pics have surfaced and there are hints to indicate that the character that people have speculated might be Iron Patriot is, in fact, War Machine. Yes, he might look that different in this film...

I didn't mean assuming they made IM. I meant that assuming they made IM, villian, and WM as the first three. Read the whole sentence... :monkey1

That is if the next appearance of WM still look the same as he did in IM2.

That is if the next appearance of WM still look the same as he did in IM2.

He won't. Iron Man hasn't looked the same from film to film. He's constantly getting new armors. I doubt War Machine will be any different. I expect the Mark II War Machine will be the Iron Man 3 look. So if you like the Mark I War Machine, get the current figure.

I think the WM design would get a major revamping, especially because Stark seems to repossess the suit at the end of IM2. Can't imagine him wanting his armor to be tainted with Hammer tech hahaha...especially after that "ex-wife" fiasco with V2 Whiplash.

Back