SS EXC: Count Dooku Character Key

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitchin

Red Five
Reaction score
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?page_id=1892

081406dooku_01.jpg
081406dooku_02.jpg
081406dooku_03.jpg

Wow, I was thinking about getting into these, and passed up Sideous at the Con, but that's cool!

These are really cool items, even for their size. I only wish I hadn't gotten into the game so late.

hairlesswookiee said:
wish i could afford to get these. i want the emperor and anakin. unless i can find them there's no point in getting this one.

I have an Anakin, but not sure about keeping it. Let me know if you're interested.

TheObsoleteMan said:
What are character keys?

https://www.starwars.com/collecting/shop/shopnews/news20050629.html

From Starwarshop.com
A character key set is traditionally used as a reference by animators when producing character artwork and background plates. For this limited edition, Clone Wars Obi-Wan has been reproduced on a clear acetate cel which "floats" above the illustrated backing board. Depicted behind the image of Obi-Wan is the character's unique color set, a rough pose with hood, and character stats.

Can't I just print out that image and frame it? How much do these cost?

I will be getting this as long as they don't cost too much. Are these going to be $25?

EDIT: Yep, Starwarshop.com says they will cost $25. At least the Obi-Wan one is going to cost $25.

It will cost either 25, or 30 dollars. Eight of these have already been released including, Yoda, Obi, Mace, General Grievous, Arc, Padme, Sidious and Anakin.

TheObsoleteMan said:
What are character keys?

Model sheets for artists to stay on character when they illustrate them. In this case animators for the Clone Wars cartoon. It's to help make sure details and colors are consistent seeing as how so many people are involved in the production process.

Collector Freak said:
The giclees are so much nicer than these. And much bigger, too. I wish ACME would stop ignoring that part of their fan base.

but the giclees are much more expensive than the character keys. if i had the money, i would get then all.

Darkshadowcollectibles said:
That is not the only one coming either.
:chew

I thought it was someone else. I asked the guys at the ACME booth, during the con, who will be the first to come out on Sideshow ACME collaboration and they told me someone else. ...so you mean there is two. Dooku and ??? :D :rock

Collector Freak said:
The giclees are so much nicer than these. And much bigger, too. I wish ACME would stop ignoring that part of their fan base.

Dammit CK, I gotta agree with you hear too. At least to play catch up, I can get both the Jedi and Sith Giclees for cheaper than the Greivous and Padme.

These are very small, but pretty cool.

Back