Info on life size Yoda statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omegaglory1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone, need some help. A friend of mine is on the lookout for a life size Yoda statue, one he spotted in a shop a few years ago. I know there are a few out there, however he's not entirely sure which one he saw last time but is on the lookout for one with a working lightsaber.

So I'm doing some searching for him (he doesn't seem to be very good with computers or have an eBay account) and so far have come across 3 statues (Pepsi, Rubi, Gentle Giant):

yodapepsi.jpg
RU909888lg.jpg
images.jpeg

I understand there's a thread from 2006 that touched on the subject, but that was more about the Rubies statue. Any info on prices (price expected to pay) and availability (such as where you can still get these) would be much appreciated, and if anyone knows of any other statues.

Last edited:
1. Pepsi one was made to promote Ep III and is alright. Lightsaber does light up, I think. You can expect to pay around $400-600 on ebay for this one.

2. Rubies one was made for Ep II. Lightsaber also does not light up. This one is pretty cheap, made out of foam. In my opinion, not really worth it. Cheap plastic base. Usually sells around $400 on ebay.

3. Gentle Giant one is awesome, also made for Ep III. Made from Silicone if I remember correctly. Quite heavy and comes with a light up saber. Doesn't come up for sale often. Retailed around $1000. Expect to pay around $1000. This one is also the largest by far.

4. Illusive Concepts made an EP V Yoda a long time ago. You can get these pretty cheap. A little on the small side, and also there are usually problems with the latex cracking on them due to age. You can get these pretty cheap these days.

5. Sideshow Collectibles made a 1:1 Yoda bust from Ep V. Great bust, very heavy. No legs, feet, or lightsaber. Expect to pay $800-$1000 for one of these.

6. There is also an EP I Yoda that was a Pepsi/Blockbuster Video promotion. Not a bad likeness to the original puppet, but pretty cheaply made. Feels like plastic with a foam core. Can be had on ebay for around $300-$400. No lightsaber.

Good luck with your search! Ebay is your best bet, as most of these come up pretty regularly.

The pepsi version is the best one in my opinion. The saber does not light up however. It might be nice to substitute the pepsi saber with a working master replicas yoda saber. If your buddy purchased any Yoda he should look locally because most people won't ship or don't have the original packing, and when they do the price tends to be crazy high. Hopefully he will find a good Yoda :)!

whatever you do, dont get the illusive concepts one, the material used wont last and will crack. It's a shame because the statue looked great.

I have the pepsi statue. I love it. It helps that I paid $300 locally for it though, lol.

But something to keep in mind. The paint on the statue is pretty much one tone per color.

with the new star wars films under consideration it'll be exciting to see if another option comes up.

with the new star wars films under consideration it'll be exciting to see if another option comes up.

i thought the new films take place AFTER ep 6. So unless it's a zombie version of yoda, i dont see how the upcoming films relate back to yoda statues.

sideshow just needs to make a god damn 1/4 premium format yoda. Not yoda vs trooper, not yoda with luke, no yoda vs emperor. JUST YODA 1/4 PREMIUM FORMAT! i will even take the yoda from ep 1-3.

get it done!!!

i thought the new films take place AFTER ep 6. So unless it's a zombie version of yoda, i dont see how the upcoming films relate back to yoda statues.

sideshow just needs to make a god damn 1/4 premium format yoda. Not yoda vs trooper, not yoda with luke, no yoda vs emperor. JUST YODA 1/4 PREMIUM FORMAT! i will even take the yoda from ep 1-3.

get it done!!!

I read somewhere that SS doesn't consider to make a Yoda only PF because of his size. They would only make "Yoda with/VS (...) PF's" to stay in the same prizerange as the regular PF's.

Not shure is they still think the same about this...

So maybe someone can help me with this now.. I have one of the pepsi promotion statues. It is new and still in its original box that it was shipped in. Can anyone help me with what this is actually worth in this condition. I have seen some used ones for sale in the $1500.00 area. But have no clue what this may be worth since it is unopened

Attachments

• IMG_20170306_092646309.jpg
    IMG_20170306_092646309.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_20170305_101601886_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170305_101601886_HDR.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 270
I read somewhere that SS doesn't consider to make a Yoda only PF because of his size. They would only make "Yoda with/VS (...) PF's" to stay in the same prizerange as the regular PF's.

Not shure is they still think the same about this...
They're offering BB-8 as a stand alone figure from the Rey premium format. So I don't see why not.

They're offering BB-8 as a stand alone figure from the Rey premium format. So I don't see why not.

...AND they brought the price up to what they were asking for a full size PF a few years ago! So, if they do make a Yoda (I don't need one...thanks MYC!) it'll cost $400+...

I have the Pepsi Yoda and it's fantastic! Well worth getting if you can track one down.

Avoid the Illusive Concepts Yoda at all cost. It WILL crack and deteriorate over time.

In general, one should avoid anything from The Phantom Crap, Attack Of The Garbage, and Revenge Of The Junk.

:lecture:lol

Anybody have this custom statue, that's all over Ebay? The price is great, but I'm leery since it's coming from China...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Custom-Star-Wars-1-1-Life-Size-Master-Yoda-Statue-H85CM-/142659925584

I saw that as well! It's definitely a re-cast of the Sideshow life size with cheaper clothing. If it matches the pictures in the listing, it's a steal for $240 bucks! I have the Sideshow version and love it, but could live with this one for 1/10th the price!

Back