Prometheus Sequel (ALIEN: Covenant)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister Ski

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now that it is official that there is going to be a sequel to Prometheus, I figured it would be good to give it it's own thread.

Per THR, Fox and Ridley Scott are moving forward with a sequel to PROMETHEUS - a possibility brazenly advanced by the conclusion of this Summer's ALIENverse psuedo-prequel-thingie.

In the eternity ramping up to the release of PROMETHEUS, The Powers That Be had strongly and repeatedly indicated that a sequel film was hopeful-to-likely, although this is our first pointed and relatively official indication that a second picture exploring pre-ALIEN existential mythology might actually be happening.

Fox confirms to THR that Scott and the studio actively are pushing ahead with a follow-up (stars Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are signed) and are talking to new writers because Prometheus co-scribe Damon Lindelof might not be available.

...says THR.

PROMETHEUS, whose nice-sounding Blu-ray release went up for pre-order shortly before/as the movie hit theaters, will arrive on home video soonish.

In numerous interviews, Scott has insinuated that when...

******** SPOILER ********

...Fassbender and Rapace's characters find the Engineer's home world, we'll discover that it isn't a terribly nice place. From the sound of matters, he appeared to be referring to the events of an immediate sequel as opposed to developments which may occur in even later projects. As such, it seems a relatively safe bet to assume that this is exactly what we'll see.

Early conjecture and reports suggest a PROMETHEUS sequel would be entitled PARADISE, which would refer to the above-mentioned Engineer home world and could be viewed as ironic given that Scott seems to feel it'll be a decidedly ungood place. PARADISE, by the way, was at one point indicated to be the title of PROMETHEUS.

THR says PROME2EUS is headed towards a 2014/2015 release.

Re: Prometheus Sequel : Paradise?

^are they yanking some bizzaro shat on us? Paradise!? lolz

I'm up for more if it fleshes out some more of who the Engineers are and how they fit in the universe.

I'm excited about this. I loved Prometheus, and really wanted more at the end... Especially about the Engineers. So I welcome a sequel... I just hope they fix David so he isn't just a head for the entire film. :lol

I hope they get a decent sci-fi writer and I'm glad Damon is not available.

I hope they get a decent sci-fi writer and I'm glad Damon is not available.

Ditto. Glad to hear that Damon won't be writing the sequel.
It will be interesting to see how the story will progress for Elizabeth Shaw and David.

Last edited:

Ditto. Glad to hear that Damon won't be writing the sequel.
It will be interesting to see how the story will progress for Elizabeth Shaw and David.

My main fear was that the early "leaked" storyline that was supposedly a fan made fake followed the actual movie fairly accurately (except in it, Vickers was also space zombie-ized) and when they (David and Shaw, just like in the actual movie's end, hmmm) got off planet in the alien ship, they hit a wormhole taking them to a point in the far flung past. I really shuddered while watching the movie and wondering if this wasn't the way Damon wanted it to end... or begin in the sequel. :horror

when they (David and Shaw, just like in the actual movie's end, hmmm) got off planet in the alien ship, they hit a wormhole taking them to a point in the far flung past. I really shuddered while watching the movie and wondering if this wasn't the way Damon wanted it to end... or begin in the sequel. :horror

I read one synopsis where the wormhole part started in the beginning i.e. the Prometheus went through the wormhole en route to the planet and ended up in the past. Sounded really lame like some cartoon plot or something. :lol

Maybe they can get James Cameron to script the sequel again.

ENGINEERS: This Time Its War

"Get away from that synthetic head you _____!"

I'm excited about this - thought Prometheus was visually stunning and had a great concept behind the story, just that the execution in terms of parts of the script left a little to be desired.

cant wait to see some engineer girls and dogs

Maybe they can get James Cameron to script the sequel again.

ENGINEERS: This Time Its War

"Get away from that synthetic head you _____!"

LOL! Nice! :rotfl

I just wish the sequel would get here SOONER! At least we won't have to wait another 30 years.

Back