Whatever happened to the Star Destroyer Bridge?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apone

Super Freak
Reaction score
Whatever happend to the environment SSC spoke about over a year ago? It was supposed to be a display piece of the bounty hunters. I could have maybe afforded it a year ago but with the ridiculous rise in prices, I dont think I would want it at current costs. Anyone have any input on it? Heard anything?

Yeah, not sure why they would even announce it yet. No one to put on it except Boba. This would be mid next year when they show Dengar maybe.

Interested to see what they do with it though - there's a possibility it may top the Palace arch as the most boring 1/6 environment.

...Interested to see what they do with it though - there's a possibility it may top the Palace arch as the most boring 1/6 environment.
Yeah, as much as I like the environments and feel the prices for them are fair, the bridge would be a tough sell. The only bounty hunter I'm interested in beyond IG-88 and Boba is Bossk, so it wouldn't make a great replica of that particular scene. Might look alright with just Vader and some Stormtroopers/officers or whatnot, though... At the same time, I'd much prefer the Bespin carbon freezing environment or really anything Bespin, for that matter. Same with Hoth.

I wonder if they shifted their attention to the carbon chamber.

IG-88 and Bossk?

IG is in-hand, Bossk won't be until probably January - not exactly a crowd. The others - ESB Vader included - may be a year or more away.

Honestly, the SD Bridge is probably more intended for the DX Vader than the bounty hunters. I can't understand how they could make it large enough for 4-8 figures. It's possible it's more something to park your DX Vader on for him to star gaze (as he did a lot in ESB) than a meeting place for all the SSC hunters.

Carbon chamber is a much more visual dio, and also a place where much more happened.

...and with HT Luke coming and SSC new Vader,the Carbon chamber has more characters for now to use it e.g Bespin Han,Lando and fett

For an Imperial dio I would be happy with some Imperial walls something like this too:

30vdtm0.jpg

I could've sworn there was a thread on this too. I've searched every word I can think and nothing.

Maybe this enviro will be their way of selling 4-LOM and Zuckuss? Maybe include them in the set?

For an Imperial dio I would be happy with some Imperial walls something like this too:

30vdtm0.jpg
Yep, me too. I actually sent a request asking them to make that Death Star backdrop, along with the Bespin gantry background on lightboards a few months ago. The Death Star one would be especially easy for them, so hope they'll consider it.

Back