Pics Of Medicom Vader...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Super Serg

Here:

Like I said there, it'd be nice if someone would take
comparison pics of the GG 1/6 ROTS statue & this
figure to see size & scale difference.

*ss*

Vader in Ep. III was Hayden Christiansen, and not David Prowse, so the height would be dramatically different anyway. Vader was much smaller in Ep. III than in the OT.

I don't have any statues so I can't do a comparison. But I got Darth today - same as my 2 Lukes from SSC!

Darth is pretty awesome- not really $250 awesome (I bought early and paid more), but he's the nicest SW 12" figure we've seen to date. Nicer than what Marmit did even.

I think the hands are fine, don't really understand the criticism there. The helmet on mine keeps falling off though.

And I thought it was going to light up. Guess I'll have to wait for SSC's for that little feature.

Now to go open Luke!

I think Dave did.
Mine was through Abc-Express, which I canceled and applied the money I put down towards the new Medicom Spider-Man. Leong at Abc-Express told me that his supplier shorted him and he didn't have enough to meet orders and I was off the hook to pay up the rest. So I lucked out in a way.

Thanks Dave, good to know. He's told me mine was on its way, but...so far, nada.

I completely forgot that we have a Star Wars forum now...

I reviewed the Medicom this weekend.

www.mwctoys.com

Unfortunately, I'm getting ready to sell my house, so my entire collection is in storage. That seriously cuts down on any comparison photos, but Jeff Parker provided one with the Medicom Luke at least.

Michael
MWC

If my Vader ever shows up from popsalute, I will post a comparison photo with Medicom Luke and the Marmit Stormtrooper.

I was going to pony up the cash for a Medicom, Vader, but am glad I didn't, now that Sideshow will be making 12" SW figures.

I know they have a lot to live up to, Medicom make excellent 12" figures to say the least, but I am sure Sideshow can do it. Plus they will be much easier on my pockets. I am counting on ya Sideshow! ;)

Great review Michael!

I received my Medicom Vader... and I'm fairly happy with him. The fact that his helmet keeps falling off is a bit irritating. With shipping I paid $195... a bit high on the scale of what you stated in your review is the going rate (although I would REALLY like to see the retailer that charge only $150 for him!)

Anyway, I just received a e-mail from the guy I bought the Vader from saying that he is taking orders for the next figure, the Stormtrooper that arrives in November. With shipping, he is offering $197.88 for him. I only have to put $50 bucks down now to order him.

I'm still on the fence... should I order him or wait for a peek at Sideshow's offerings? Besides, how long do you like it will take Sideshow to get around to making a stormtrooper, anyway?

I paid $160, but I ordered very early. And then there was shipping of course...

Stormtrooper's are a problem...don't you really need two to pose with Vader? ;)

Michael
MWC

SSC isn't doing armored characters until '07 probably, so a stormtrooper might be a ways off. And an SSC trooper isn't in scale with Medicom Vader any more than the marmit one is. So I'll probably pony up for the Medicom one...but I'm a sucker that way.

If I bought one of these, I'd probably display it with the mask off. This may be the only Vader figure made with a removeable mask.

Are all the capes slightly off-black like the one in Michael's review?

It's not off black - just lots of light, otherwise you couldnt' see the details.

And there was Hasbro's version that had the removable mask. Not that it was great or anything, but it exists.

Michael
MWC

A neat thought I just had - If you had both Medicom Luke and
Vader, due to their flexibility, you could have them posed in
the scene in ROTJ where Luke is holding Vader, or de-masking
him right before his death.

I think that'd be a pretty neat display to be able to create.

Back