Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 53 of 97 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
    Freakalicious
    Feedback
    Default Re: Display cases info

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot666 View Post
    Very impressive having them all lined up on one wall like that, wish I had a wall long enough to do that! FYI I had my power packs for the lights taped on the back but they eventually fell down and I used nails to hold them up on the wall. Great idea leaving some space behind them too. All around awesome display.
    I hope my duck tape than hold those power packs longer, or I have to nail them on the wall too. And eventually I have enough space on the right side for a third set of pax. But right now I reserve that space for my table so I can assemble all my Gundam and zoids models during night after my daughter fall asleep. LoL
    More toys, more happyness!

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    14 (100%)

Are those ikea sliding doors?

Quote Originally Posted by mikeclon View Post
    Finally get my Pax done. Spend almost entire week night with my wife to put them together. The final result is just GREAT. Now I can unpack all my goodies to fill these empty space. I didn't put these against the wall but leave about 10 inch gap so I can get access to all the cables on the back in case I need to change any setups. Cause you know it's impossible to move these anymore.
    Attachment 141654
    Make sure remove those protection films at last, so you don't have to spend whole day clean your figure prints.
    Attachment 141655
    Attachment 141653
    Each shelf is about 28-29 inch tall. Big enough for any PF.
    Attachment 141656
    Try to keep those wires as clean as possible Attachment 141657
    Hide a switch on bottom to turn on and off all lights.
    Attachment 141658
    Make sure get these wire organizer from ikea which make the entire setup much nicer and cleaner. And glue these to each shelves but not the side panel! So when you want to change the shelf hight later they won't annoying you.
    Attachment 141659
    Still looks so empty! Too tired tonight, need to go to sleep!
    Attachment 141660
    And I have all these baby to unpack.
    Attachment 141661

Good nite everybody!

Freakalicious
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by urascal View Post
    Mike,

Are those ikea sliding doors?
    Yup, and here's the link

PAX Pair of sliding door frames & rail, aluminum - aluminum - 59x92 7/8 " - IKEA

You just buy the sliding door frame without the panel and go cut your own acrylic glass.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    32 (100%)
    Yup, and here's the link

PAX Pair of sliding door frames & rail, aluminum - aluminum - 59x92 7/8 " - IKEA

You just buy the sliding door frame without the panel and go cut your own acrylic glass.
    Idk about your experience, but putting the acrylic panels in those frames was a royal PITA for me.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Follow Bmutha On Twitter Add Bmutha on Google+ Visit Bmutha's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot666 View Post
    Idk about your experience, but putting the acrylic panels in those frames was a royal PITA for me.
    The biggest pain for me is that the acrylic gets very statically charged when the masking is peeled off. So, when I slid the panel into the frame, it picked up every spec if dust/hair/carpet fibre on the floor! I kept getting stuff stuck between the frame and panel...it was a bit if a pain, if I'm honest.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
    The biggest pain for me is that the acrylic gets very statically charged when the masking is peeled off. So, when I slid the panel into the frame, it picked up every spec if dust/hair/carpet fibre on the floor! I kept getting stuff stuck between the frame and panel...it was a bit if a pain, if I'm honest.
    Same here, and I put down a huge painter's clear plastic tarp, still had the same problem.

Freakalicious
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
    My solutions is don't peel off the protection sheet on the acrylic panel until you finish the entire installation. Never do it on the floor cause YES it became super statically will pick up every single dust on your floor.
    I keep the protection film on the panel even when I'm installing door to the frame.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414625839.123567.jpg 
Views:	1073 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	142779

Super Freak
    Feedback
    32 (100%)
    You:. Me:

Super Freak
    Feedback
    37 (100%)
    Add Pixelpiper on Facebook Follow Pixelpiper on Flickr Visit Pixelpiper's Youtube Channel Visit Pixelpiper's Instagram Channel
    My solutions is don't peel off the protection sheet on the acrylic panel until you finish the entire installation.
    I had that tip mostly written up earlier and then I said, f-it, these guys are all already finished - and promptly had to get back to the discounts/codes thread.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    13 (100%)
    Follow Bmutha On Twitter Add Bmutha on Google+ Visit Bmutha's Instagram Channel
    My solutions is don't peel off the protection sheet on the acrylic panel until you finish the entire installation. Never do it on the floor cause YES it became super statically will pick up every single dust on your floor.
    I keep the protection film on the panel even when I'm installing door to the frame.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414625839.123567.jpg 
Views:	1073 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	142779
    Yes, but with the Auli frames I used, you have to peel off the bit of masking around the edges (about 3" all around), otherwise it'll be stuck between the frame and the back side of the panel and you'd never get it out. Also, I was doing this by myself, so I had no choice but to lay it on the floor.
    Last edited by Bmutha; 10-29-2014 at 10:18 PM.