Earthquake proof ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

22soultaker

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Im actually new to this site. I was wondering i live in So Cal and we do have Earthquakes every once in awhile. The last one i lost 2 figures. Was wondering in the Detolf, is there anything i can do to keep the figures still? Im going to post pics of my collection today too.

live in SO Cal to.and thats my biggest fear.i should really get that insurance for collectables

Yea this comic/collectible store by my house has insurance on everything. I asked them if there was something i can do. they said get insurance haha. I heard there was some glue/puddy stuff that works.

I live in Ca and have not had a single issue with earthquakes. Hell there was one that was centered blocks from me when I lived in Long Beach.

Quakehold is your best friend. I have it on every item that lighter. I don't use if on my PF bases but do use it for things like the mouse droid that came with Vader.

As for insurance I have collectibles insurance. It's no to bad price wise and have had friends have good luck with claims.

hey mfoga, what and where did you get insurance from? since I started on PF and statues I am def thinking i need to invest in insurance for my stuff.thanks in advance

Resurrecting this to ask if people in earthquake areas have any good ideas for trying to keep PF/statues from flying off display shelves during a temblor.

Do you use Quake Hold under your figures? I have kids, they run around like elephants so I put some under the feet on my figures to stabilize them. It's not really a glue, it's a silicone that forms a vacuum seal. It's good for a bond between figures and a smooth surface like glass. Last time I bought it was about 6 bucks for a jar on Amazon.

They also make Museum Wax if you have wooden shelves.

QuakeHOLD! - Protection for Collectibles

It won't save you if you have a bookshelf or something that tips, but it will help keep things from sliding or tipping in light shaking.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion. Any idea how this would do in terms of holding PFs in place?

Another idea I had is to embed rare earth magnets in the base of the PF, and then attach metal strips to my display shelves for the magnets to latch onto.

Hi everybody

I am re-surfacing this thread instead of starting a new one

I am doing a new build, where I will have about 8 linear meters in one wall and another 5 on another, each with 3 sections, it's on an earthquake zone, not massive ones but wondering if there is anything I can do when building the structure to better safeguard against earthquakes, if there are any ideas to mount the shelves in some sort of sliding pads or anything to aid on preventing the statues from falling in case of a shake

Any advise welcome.

Null

Out of curiosity, how does collectibles insurance work?

Do you just take pics of your stuff and write down the value or something, do they pay you or pay to have them replaced?

Back