Survey about 1/6 figure reviews. Need input!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TotalDominAsian

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys,
Later this summer, I should have quite a bit of time on my hands. I've fallen in love with 1/6 collecting, and it's easily my favorite hobby. I'm thinking about making figure reviews in either video or typed format, but I'd like to get some input first from you guys!

1. Do you watch or read figure reviews? Have a preference?

2. Do you look at reviews for figures you already own?

3. Do you prefer long, detailed reviews or fast reviews that hit major points?

4. When watching a review video, do you prefer watching the reviewer point out features or close up photo stills of the feature?

5. Background music, fancy intros, and sound effects... opinions?

6. For scoring purposes, how much emphasis do you place on packaging?

7. For scoring purposes, how much consideration should be placed on the source material?

8. For scoring purposes, how much consideration should pricing warrant? (If moderate or more... original retail or current value?)

9. For scoring purposes, how much consideration should be placed on exposed joints? (Elbow, shoulder, neck, etc.)

10. Would of these would you watch or read reviews of? Hot Toys, Sideshow, Enterbay, Medicom, high end customs (Rainman, Iminime, etc.), and "3rd party" (Brothers Production, Headplay, etc.)

Thanks for any participation!

1. Do you watch or read figure reviews? Have a preference? Yes. Prefer to read them with pics.
2. Do you look at reviews for figures you already own? Yes
3. Do you prefer long, detailed reviews or fast reviews that hit major points? Long detailed reviews.
4. When watching a review video, do you prefer watching the reviewer point out features or close up photo stills of the feature? Either
Nothing fancy
6. For scoring purposes, how much emphasis do you place on packaging? Very little since I always remove them.
7. For scoring purposes, how much consideration should be placed on the source material? A little.
8. For scoring purposes, how much consideration should pricing warrant? (If moderate or more... original retail or current value?)
Quite a bit.
9. For scoring purposes, how much consideration should be placed on exposed joints? (Elbow, shoulder, neck, etc.)None. They are action figures so personally I dont mind the exposed joints.
10. Would of these would you watch or read reviews of? Hot Toys, Sideshow, Enterbay, Medicom, high end customs (Rainman, Iminime, etc.), and "3rd party" (Brothers Production, Headplay, etc.)
All of them!

Sometimes. Video is best.

Usually not.

Long and detailed.

4. When watching a review video, do you prefer watching the reviewer point out features or close up photo stills of the feature?

Not sure.

Not necessary.

Very little.

7. For scoring purposes, how much consideration should be placed on the source material?

Some.

It should be mentioned.

9. For scoring purposes, how much consideration should be placed on exposed joints? (Elbow, shoulder, neck, etc.)

That depends on the figure. For some it matters more than others.

Hot Toys, SS, Enterbay, Medicom, possibly others. I own HT, SS, Enterbay.

1.I prefer to read reviews with pics as opposed to video.

2.Not very often.

3.Long & detailed.

4.I don't watch video reviews of 1:6 figures.

5.Such gimmicks are what puts me off video reviews.

6.None whatsoever. All figures could come in a plain cardboard box and as long as everything inside was securely packed, I'd be good.

7.It should be taken into consideration.

8.Quite often the price can make the difference between a purchase or not so it's not something that should be ignored as different people have different budgets.

9.I'd take that on a figure by figure basis. I don't mind exposed joints as opposed to those rubber muscle bodies which are so prone to tearing.

10.Hot Toys, Enterbay for definite and maybe smaller companies and high end customs depending on the characters.

Watch definitely.

Sure do. :D

I like when they hit all the major points, but review shouldn't be more than 15 minutes long.

On the video, keep stills out of it.

As long as they are not too distracting.

Not too much. It's about whats inside. Some boxes (DX comes to mind) are nice to see in detail though.

75% Figure 25% accessories.

Just depends on the product really.

None, unless they are horribly distracting.

Every single one! :D

Sometimes, only if I'm not 100% sure I want a particular figure.

Not really.

Somewhere in the middle - concise but not overly wordy.

Combination of both.

As long as it doesn't get old after a while, or annoying with repeat back-to-back viewing.

Moderate.

Fairly high.

Moderately high.

Moderate.

Hot Toys, Sideshow, Medicom.

Back