Mattel to make 1966 Batman figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rex Mason

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just announced in the Mattel DC Panel. Starting fall of 2013, Mattel will release 1966 Adam West and co. Batman figures at retail. No images yet, just the announcement.

Along those same lines, Hallmark is releasing a 1966 Adam West Batman next Christmas.

Oh boy they are going to look like crappy Barbie dolls. Why not sideshows do them they might look ok but not Mattel. Look at that 12" Chris Reeves Superman what a mess.

Are these 1/6 or small toy size. I'd love some old school 3 3/4" style '66 Batman figures.

Oh boy they are going to look like crappy Barbie dolls. Why not sideshows do them they might look ok but not Mattel. Look at that 12" Chris Reeves Superman what a mess.

The figures from Mattel will be 6" and or 3 3/4" most likely, and SSC/Hot Toys will be offering 12" 1966 Batman figures to go with the 1966 Batmobile. WB just obtained the rights to 1966 Batman, so you'll see DVD's, action figures, and whatever based on the old TV show.

Old Grandpa

Last edited:
Mattel stated that these are 6 inch "Movie Masters" type figures. With these and Hot Toys 12 inch line, Adam West fans like myself are in for a good year in 2013.

Amazing news.

Now please Mattel gets those Superman The Movie figures out as well.

Pass for me. I'm still very bitter over the QC issues with Mattel's figs turning color to that ash white power stuff. & from the warped limbs from the DKR MM I saw in TRU yesterday, it would seem Mattel are STILL having thoes QC issues. I'm done with that toy crown wearing freak! F MATTY!!

^ :lol

I'm not a Matty fan either so these would have to be something extra special to make me buy them. I was really hoping DCC would do these figures but never mind. With DCC you know you'd get great sculpts and variation in body shapes/clothing etc. whereas Matty will probably use the same MM figure bucks they've been using for the past 3 years....

I'll reserve too much judgment until I see them anyway.

Action Figure Insider caught a split second picture of Mattel's Adam West Batman figure from the Matty panel:

westbatman.jpg

Hope there's more articulation to come, but the figure looks great so far.

Action Figure Insider caught a split second picture of Mattel's Adam West Batman figure from the Matty panel:

westbatman.jpg

Hope there's more articulation to come, but the figure looks great so far.

My guess this is the 6" MM figure proto- for what is is ($16) It looks good!

I'm half way thru rewatching the Adam West TV series, so I'm a little excited about his. I was hoping that HT would do a 66 Adam West Batman with a bunch of accessories.

I had read about some Batman Returns for late this year, and next year. The Batmabile is part of that range I think, being the Returns version. 66 Batman figures would be very nice to have from HT. The Mattel range should be good as well.

Back