Statue Weta: The Hobbit - Dwalin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Theonering.nets Flickrpage:

7553047834_ec606b3a6b_b.jpg

Last edited:
This is my favorite looking Dwarf. Just so badass looking and a great design by PJ/Crew. I was so glad that they had this statue at the Con and I cant wait to own it.

IMG_48532.jpg

IMG_5059.jpg

IMG_5061.jpg

No ES and the head tattoos are decals, seems Weta is anticipating the complaints about that, good move to nip them. 250 bucks isn't a great price but this looks awesome. Dwalin and Balin are the best of the series so far IMO. Looking at the closeup of the head though I would hate to see a clear sticker seam running from side to side.

Dwalin is such a cool looking character. He's totally badass and I think the price is fair for how cool it looks. He's been ordered :rock

No ES and the head tattoos are decals, seems Weta is anticipating the complaints about that, good move to nip them. 250 bucks isn't a great price but this looks awesome. Dwalin and Balin are the best of the series so far IMO. Looking at the closeup of the head though I would hate to see a clear sticker seam running from side to side.

What? The head tattoo is decal? I haven't noticed that on the comic con pics. While it's quite implausible that they'll hand-paint the tattoo on each of Dwalin's head for mass production, if they'll use decal, they'll have to be critical on the application for them to pull it off. Yeah me too, I wouldn't want to see a decal seam running on Dwalin's head. And they have to make sure it will not peel off after some years.:pray:

I was wondering if the SDCC piece had this or was a paint master. Would be nice to see in hand images. Maybe they cut the tattoos individuals and then clear coated them to the head.

It looks fine. If its decals it looked great at comic-con so I'm ok with them using it on the regular.

The only dwarf I really like. But OE? Hmm I pass.

I was going to use points for this guy but with OE I agree that it still may pay to wait. The Thorin statues that have sold on eBay didn't break 200 dollars so even with a 50 dollar coupon buying direct is risky.

Because, see my post above. The 250 dollar Thorin statue is selling for under 200 dollars ($157.50) in large part because its an open edition and will sell at a discount to Weta's retail price for several years until they close it out. Just good money sense to wait really.

Back