STEAM - General Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all just letting you all know that the summer sale has begun! Hopefully their will be some awesome daily deals this year. Finally going to pick up Plants vs Zombies since its $4.99 for the goty edition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Steam summer sale!

Has anyone played any of the Penumbras before? Love a good horror game and this one seems like its pretty creepy.

Re: Steam

Ever since I got Dota 2 awhile back it is all I play on my PC. The steam sales do not phase me :D

Re: Steam

Ever since I got Dota 2 awhile back it is all I play on my PC. The steam sales do not phase me :D

Yeah, you're right. The games cost next to nothing. I would never game on a console. They really rip you off on that platform. Even the digital content costs more than the hard copies. Ridiculous.

Threads merged. I'd love to get a full Steam discussion thread here.

I'm thinking about purchasing LA Noire tonight when I get home as $5 just seems like a great price. I recent bought Tiny & Big and it's one of the most innovative and fun games I've played in a long time.

Threads merged. I'd love to get a full Steam discussion thread here.

I'm thinking about purchasing LA Noire tonight when I get home as $5 just seems like a great price. I recent bought Tiny & Big and it's one of the most innovative and fun games I've played in a long time.

I was thinking about picking that up as well. I have heard great things about it and for 5 bucks I don't think you could go wrong. I did just pick up CS GO and Alice Madness Returns :yess:

I was thinking about picking that up as well. I have heard great things about it and for 5 bucks I don't think you could go wrong. I did just pick up CS GO and Alice Madness Returns :yess:

I was thinking the same thing. I spent so much already though... I guess $5 more won't hurt. :D

Oh, and thanks Shropt. I wasn't sure if there were gonna be a lot of steam ollowers to start an official STEAM thread. You were right in doing so. :wink1:

I bought the Dead Rising franchise pack last night. . . then spent the next hour and a half trying to get it to work with that blasted Games for Windows Live DRM on it.

I downloaded it a year ago, and played it and deleted it, just couldn't go online. . . now I do "the right thing" to get all the features and I can't play it.

:slap

I don't know if I own any games that uses Windows Live besides Gears of War and if anybody has tried installing that game you know Windows Live is the last thing to be worried about :lol

If anyone is interested in buying Borderlands 2 Greenmangaming has it on sale for 29.99 and you can use the 30 percent coupon to make it I believe 21 bucks. Not to bad of a deal. I'll probably pick it up since I have a 6 dollar credit anyways :yess:

I bought the Dead Rising franchise pack last night. . . then spent the next hour and a half trying to get it to work with that blasted Games for Windows Live DRM on it.

I downloaded it a year ago, and played it and deleted it, just couldn't go online. . . now I do "the right thing" to get all the features and I can't play it.

:slap

I had trouble when I downloaded that... turns out it didn't display the whole message and all I had to do was press Enter. :/

Well, I finally got it working. I'm not sure what I did specifically that fixed it considering I did 'everything' from uninstalling GFWL and doing a fresh install, validating the cache on Steam, updating GFWL.

I didn't just hit 'Enter' though, haha.

Now that that's done, I'll have to see if my DLC for Arkham City works now. . . . le sigh.

I'm buying all these games and I can't even play them yet :( My last few pieces of my computer I'm building came in today so hopefully by next weekend I will have time and get it all done. Picked up Borderlands 2 for 15 bucks last night and Sleeping Dogs for 11 last week from GMG Can't wait to play these :yess:

I'm buying all these games and I can't even play them yet :( My last few pieces of my computer I'm building came in today so hopefully by next weekend I will have time and get it all done. Picked up Borderlands 2 for 15 bucks last night and Sleeping Dogs for 11 last week from GMG Can't wait to play these :yess:

Well hurry up and build that thing already! :impatient: :lol

I've built two already in the last year or so, X58 and Z77. Both are really fast with and old 560 ti and the other with a 660 ti. It's a lot of fun building them. Can't wait till Haswell comes next year.

Well hurry up and build that thing already! :impatient: :lol

I've built two already in the last year or so, X58 and Z77. Both are really fast with and old 560 ti and the other with a 660 ti. It's a lot of fun building them. Can't wait till Haswell comes next year.

Well working 10 hour days makes me not want to do anything when I get home :lol I ended up going with ATI this time around. Grabbed a 7870 for a good price plus Farcry 3 for free with it :yess: excited to have something other than my 8800 GT :rotfl Though not going to lie it was a beast when it first came out.

Grabbed Far Cry 3 when they put it on sale this week and then grabbed Rage for $5. I think I need to stay away from the Steam Store for a little while. :(

I love how every game is getting amazing deals except Skyrim. I even snagged Borderlands 2 and all the DLC for about $35 at GreenManGaming, but the best anyone will do for Skyrim is 50% off. :pfft:

Considering I ended up snagging FO3 and New Vegas, both GOTY for like $8 during the Summer Sale, I think I can wait for Skyrim, lol.

Back