Wow...Metal Gear Solid 4 Finally Gets Trophy Support

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
Soooo after all these years Kojima finally decides to do this?? I"m not sure I'm going to torture myself for that elusive "Big Boss" trophy we'll surely get.

https://andriasang.com/con1vt/metal_gear_announcement/

Metal Gear Solid 4 will get a Trophy patch, according to an interview with Hideo Kojima in this week's Famitsu. The magazine does not reveal a date for the patch, but MGS4 is scheduled to receive a budget release in in August, so the timing could coincide with that.

The interview also reveals that Konami will hold a Metal Gear Solid 25th Anniversary Event on August 30 at Tokyo Midtown (the office complex that houses Konami's main office). There will be some sort of announcement at the this event, Kojima reveals in the interview. This announcement is apparently related to the vision he's previously shared about a game that connects people. Peace Walker's "Transfarring" component served as a test for this vision.

Friggin took them long enough. I remember they teased it when stupid Ryan Payton still worked for Koji Pro.

Hell yes! It only took 4 years :lol

Lol...I thought the same thing. I remember playing through this in 2008 wishing there were trophies to prove getting through the game on the hardest difficulty. I gave up after the first act, but now I might have some motivation to go back through it.

Wow, this is something I didn't think would happen. Though he's about two years too late. I don't know if I see myself going through that game again for trophies, especially a Platinum.

a great excuse to play it again.. and again and again and again and again and again and once more

Nice, had no clue they were finally doing this, but I was waiting the whole time for them to do it. MGS4 is the only MGS game I haven't replayed constantly. I did play allot of MGO, but never replayed the campaign.

Just downloaded the update and started playing. Im pissed cause i realized that you have to start a new game, basically rendering all you previous efforts useless :(

Just finished Act 1 and got all the first available trophies. The flashback trophy is going to take time, more than the others. I started it on Solid Normal and going for the zero alert, zero kill.

To get that old rifle, I forget the name, to use Divine Wind will be costly since its a half million but 250,000 in Act 5. But you can always buy it, use it and reload your save and you got your DP back :D

Fellow trophy hunters, please refer to this super indepth guide.

https://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/m...-metal-gear-solid-4-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

Just finished Act 1 and got all the first available trophies. The flashback trophy is going to take time, more than the others. I started it on Solid Normal and going for the zero alert, zero kill.

To get that old rifle, I forget the name, to use Divine Wind will be costly since its a half million but 250,000 in Act 5. But you can always buy it, use it and reload your save and you got your DP back :D

Fellow trophy hunters, please refer to this super indepth guide.

https://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/m...-metal-gear-solid-4-trophy-guide-roadmap.html

HOLY ____!!! :thud:
Approximate time to Platinum: 70-80+ hours.
Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 8

Anybody that gets the Platinum should be rewarded by Konami, and a fist-bump from Hideo Kojima.

The biggest problem of all the trophies it seems is getting all the iPod songs since you need all 40 emblems.

I'm currently in Act 4, all flashbacks up to that point watched. No Alerts and No Kills. I honestly should of done the chicken run first. I will after this play through. 35+ play time is ____ing stupid.

Back