Next Batman game from Rocksteady Studios (Arkham 3/ Justice League)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T.E.D

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=63480

described by the site as a, "New, highly stylized title is being developed as a prequel that revolves around Batman's first meeting with the Joker. It's based on the Silver Age of DC's comicbooks from the 1950s when the Caped Crusader teamed with other heroes like Superman and founded the Justice League of America." The currently untitled game isn't expected to be released until 2014 at the earliest.

https://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056432

Last edited:
Re: Possible Justice League Videogame from Rocksteady

If it's Rocksteady I'm sold. But I hope they still make room for Arkham 3.

Very interesting..hope this happens.

Turns out it's really Arkham 3, but disguised as a prequel like Metal Gear 3.

I also heard it's Arkham 3. That'll be really disappointing considering where they left the last game, so much to build on from there. If they go the prequel route will we ever see where the side missions where going, the most intriguing being Azreal for me, really wanted to see where that was going.

Is it bad of me to say BORING? Give me Arkham 3

I hate justice league. Infact, I hate anything DC does thats not Batman. I find DC's characters utterly boring. Batman is the greatest comic book vigilante/hero/detective ever to grace the world, with Spiderman then Punisher right behind him. But my god, Wonder woman, superman, green latern, Flash, green arrow, Hawkman/woman, black canary, Zatannna.... theyre just so boring. I dont even like batman in justice league.

Hope the fans like the game though if they do make it.

It sounds unique enough. It could have the potential to be very awesome. I'd prefer to see Arkham 3 first, though.

I just read about this on Destructoid and it sound like it could be truly awesome! :hi5:

Sounds pretty cool, i like classical era style stuff.

Rocksteady obviously wanna do something different after two Arkham games in a row.

I thin Justice league is quite cheesy but will match the 1950s theme they suggest, although the tv series was awesome too.

Could be awesome, though "highly stylized" could be polarizing. A bit odd for it to take place in the '50s considering that the first appearance of the Justice League was in 1960, but. . .minor quibble I guess. Silver Age did begin in the '50s. I love the Justice League and Arkham games, so I'm curious.

I hate justice league. Infact, I hate anything DC does thats not Batman. I find DC's characters utterly boring. Batman is the greatest comic book vigilante/hero/detective ever to grace the world, with Spiderman then Punisher right behind him. But my god, Wonder woman, superman, green latern, Flash, green arrow, Hawkman/woman, black canary, Zatannna.... theyre just so boring. I dont even like batman in justice league.

This is Arkham 3. The third Arkham game as it stands right now, will be a prequel to Arkham asylum and WB wants RockSteady to put the justice league in the game. It's about Batman and Jokers very first meeting and battle. They are doing they "Halo Reach" of Batman games.

Just when Nightwing got a small glimpse of spotlight through DLC, they pull this silver age bull____.

:goodpost:

I don't even like superheroes, but Batman is an exception. His entire storyline is much more believable than the fantasy nonsense, supernatural power crap that's prevalent with everyone else. I always thought that Batman's presence in the Justice League is just too awkward, and doesn't really make much sense - as if Bruce Wayne is dreaming that stuff in his sleep, after a long, hard night of fighting crime in Gotham :lol.

:goodpost:

I don't even like superheroes, but Batman is an exception. His entire storyline is much more believable than the fantasy nonsense, supernatural power crap that's prevalent with everyone else. I always thought that Batman's presence in the Justice League is just too awkward, and doesn't really make much sense - as if Bruce Wayne is dreaming that stuff in his sleep, after a long, hard night of fighting crime in Gotham :lol.

You must be a big Punisher fan too, then?

Turns out it's really Arkham 3, but disguised as a prequel like Metal Gear 3.

:rock How did I miss this when I read through this thread yesterday? That's funny. I hope they get to AA style of storytelling because IMO AC fell short in comparison to the first game.

You must be a big Punisher fan too, then?

I'm so surprised that a Punisher game hasn't been done in this generation of games. The last one I remember was the one for the original Xbox and PS2, and it got boring really quick. I'd imagine having a Punisher game styled after Gears of War gameplay would be instant home run.

I'm so surprised that a Punisher game hasn't been done in this generation of games. The last one I remember was the one for the original Xbox and PS2, and it got boring really quick. I'd imagine having a Punisher game styled after Gears of War gameplay would be instant home run.

Well, we also got the Punisher PSN game--but please don't play it. It's awful. Save yourself the five bucks.

My favorite Punisher game was the Capcom one that released for the arcades first, and then brought home to the Genesis a few years later. Playing as Nick Fury was awesome.

The Punisher game for Xbox was cool, too. I loved the "Ennis style" it had.

As for this game, I would love for some JL appearances. :clap

Back