Assassins Creed (movie)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biojex

Super Freak
Reaction score
The optimal altitude for missile deployment
Holy moly!

It's not "The Continuing Adventures of Young Magneto, Nazi-Killer," but this will certainly do.

"X-Men: First Class" and "Shame" actor Michael Fassbender is attached to star in "Assassin's Creed," based on the massively successful video game franchise from Ubisoft. He'll co-produce the project through his DMC Film with partner Conor McCaughan, with Ubisoft Motion Pictures developing the film outside of the traditional Hollywood studio system "in order to maintain greater creative control," Variety reports. At one point, Ubisoft was in negotiations with Sony to produce the adaptation; those talks have since been sidelined.

The "Assassin's Creed" video games center on an ancient order of assassins spanning a vast number of time periods from the Crusades to the American Revolution. When a young man named Desmond Miles is abducted by a secret organization with ties to the Knights Templar, he learns that he's connected to these assassins in a way he never could have imagined.

Though Desmond serves as a through line across the games, it's likely that Fassbender would be playing one of the actual assassins instead. Ezio Auditore da Firenze is the main character in the second and third "Assassin's Creed" games and is widely considered a fan-favorite, making him a likely candidate for Fassbender's character; then again, the Golden Globe nominee could well be playing both Desmond and one of the ancient assassins. At this point, only his attachment to the film is a certainty.

"Michael Fassbender was our first choice [for the project]," Ubisoft Motion Pictures president Jean-Julien Baronnet said of the casting. "Michael is an extremely smart, talented, versatile and committed actor."

There is currently no release date set for "Assassin's Creed."

https://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1689211/michael-fassbender-assassins-creed.jhtml

https://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/09/michael-fassbender-cast-in-assassins-creed-movie

I just hope he's not gonna play Altair or Ezio cuz it's silly.
I want something different from the game plot.

I just hope he's not gonna play Altair or Ezio cuz it's silly.
I want something different from the game plot.

I don't know, Fassbender is very good with accents and other languages. He could definitely pull it off. Or do you mean Silly in another way?

It would be pretty neat if it was a totally different assassin that actually tied into the games. Not so much that it requires you to have played the games to know the movie though...or it won't do well...

I don't know, Fassbender is very good with accents and other languages. He could definitely pull it off.
I know but I talking about his appearance.

It would be pretty neat if it was a totally different assassin that actually tied into the games.
Exactly!
I want to see and feel the development and not another interpretation of already perfectly covered material.

Woah, this seems to have come from nowhere. Well, at least they've chosen a capable actor. I'll be interested to see where they take it from here.

So do they have a writer and director signed on? Because as talented as Fassbender is - I am skeptical until I see some more names. No one needs another Prince of Persia.

This movie is bound to be pure awesome. Well at least the actor is. And glad to see him do a video game movie, im just dissapointed he isnt playing Albert FassWesker. Ah well maybe in the Reboots..

I wonder if they will give him an original character for this. Or if he is playing desmond they will cram in Ezio, Altair and Tease Connor at the end or something.

This movie is bound to be pure awesome. Well at least the actor is. And glad to see him do a video game movie, im just dissapointed he isnt playing Albert FassWesker. Ah well maybe in the Reboots..

I wonder if they will give him an original character for this. Or if he is playing desmond they will cram in Ezio, Altair and Tease Connor at the end or something.

:exactly::monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Bet they'll cut the future, desmond and animus aspects

If they do any of this it'll suck for sure. Here's something else that I just posted in the video games section.

https://www.variety.com/article/VR1118056333

Michael Fassbender will star in and co-produce "Assassin's Creed," the bigscreen adaptation of Ubisoft's videogame franchise, through his DMC Film.

Plot revolves around a man who learns his ancestors were trained assassins after he is kidnapped by a secret org with ties to the Knights Templar, and sent back in time to retrieve historical artifacts.

Last fall, Ubisoft was in talks with Sony to develop a series of "Assassin's" pics (Daily Variety, Oct. 20, 2011). But the companies have since put negotiations on hold.

Ubisoft execs now plan to stick to their initial plan and develop the film independently in order to maintain greater creative control. Last year, Ubisoft invested in launching UMP, headed by Baronnet, former CEO of Luc Besson's EuropaCorp, to adapt the company's games into films, TV shows and digital projects.

They really need to make this part of the AC lore and go with a completely new character much like AC3 and the Vita games. It would be cool to see another assassin in a completely different time period from the games.

Back