Statue Weta Workshop Comic-Con Exclusive Thorin Oakenshield Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Thorin_Exclusive1.jpg

The first in a range of 1:6 scale polystone statues.
US$249 – Limit 2 per person
This limited edition collection will have a run of 700 pieces, 500 of which will be available for purchase at San Diego Comic-Con. (The remaining 200 statues will be reserved for sale in October at the Weta Cave in New Zealand and at Ring*Con in Germany.)
*Note there will be a separate version, without shield, available at www.wetaNZ.com in October 2012

Last edited:
Re: Weta Workshop Comic-Con Exclusive Thorin Statue

:clap It's started! Awesome piece! A bit expensive though. So many good stuff coming out. I need to go to NZ to get this! :)

Looks quite good, but the statue is too expensive if you compare him to Sideshow's Gimli statue, you get much more for the same money.
The base looks pretty boring compared to the maquette line. 200$ is what I'd pay for the statue.

Last edited:

No problem with the price. That is such a freaking awesome and is a total must have for me and then I'll get the other in the fall. :rock

Definite pass. 250$ for that is too much. I'll wait to see if SS gets The Hobbit license, I like their work more.

Looks quite good, but the statue is too expensive if you compare him to Sideshow's Gimli statue, you get much more for the same money.
The base looks pretty boring compared to the maquette line. 200$ is what I'd pay for the statue.

:exactly:

Because I have not yet seen the movie, I don't have a :rock feeling just yet from this statue.
But it looks nice in any case, although I find the price a bit high.
Mean if you compare him with the SSC Maquettes line, it just don't really justify the price.
$ 200 would indeed be a more reasonable amount, seen that you get less.

Yeah, poses are somewhat similar. That was the shot that came to mind when I saw the picture.

5JmqR.jpg

Thorin_Exclusive1.jpg

I guess it's not exact. The hands are placed different.

Its not exact but its pretty close. Great looking statue.

The hands are better placed on that pic

110717072553979008.jpg

The hands are better placed on that pic

110717072553979008.jpg

I get it now. He's right handed. His right hand is always up against the hilt regardless of which direction the blade is facing.

Thorin_Exclusive1.jpg

5JmqR.jpg

Soooo we now have a sense of what's to come. Wind sucked out of sales for me. Premier piece is too limited in distribution. Should be a flippers dream. No thanks. Also it mentions the exclusive is a shield but where is it? Is everyone prepared to pay 3627 dollars plus shipping to get all 13 dwarves?

Yea me neither. I think stated this way the price is a bit more jarring, not that they may release all 13 but really what else is there? I really do yearn for the olden days when there was less to collect overall. I hate making decisions, and I hate cutting this new material out of my collecting focus. But with so much older stuff I want to buy (Bowen bronze death dealer, Moore bronze conan) I just can't get jazzed about these pieces yet.

I'm in for all this line. Yes, its gonna be expensive but in the end I think it will be worth it. Stuff from Middle-Earth is my main focus and other stuff will get cut accordingly.

While its a bit more then I would have liked, I was never going to get all 13 dwarfs, etc.

In fact there was only two statues I know I'm going to get, Thorin and Bilbo, the rest we will have to see, but I'd say it's very unlikely.

While its a bit more then I would have liked, I was never going to get all 13 dwarfs, etc.

In fact there was only two statues I know I'm going to get, Thorin and Bilbo, the rest we will have to see, but I'd say it's very unlikely.

I will get Bilbo for sure, and whatever they do with Gandalf. Thorin would have been nice but I'm not a fan of this casting personally, too old fashioned and much prefer the gimli look to my dwarves. Add in price and the assured nightmare to actually get this piece due to exclusivity and its a tough sell.

Same here mate. If I'm gonna collect these Weta The Hobbit statues, Thorin, Bilbo and Smaug are must-haves. I wonder if they're gonna release Gandalf and Gollum again The Hobbit versions. And probably an environment or two.

I will get Bilbo for sure, and whatever they do with Gandalf. Thorin would have been nice but I'm not a fan of this casting personally, too old fashioned and much prefer the gimli look to my dwarves. Add in price and the assured nightmare to actually get this piece due to exclusivity and its a tough sell.

Once I see the non-exclusive version without the shield, I can decide whether it's really worth getting the exclusive. I can't see the shield on the photo (maybe hidden) or probably this is the non-exclusive version. If it's not much of a difference, I'll just get it from WetaNZ when it goes on sale in Oct.

Back