The Amazing Spider Man 2 (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncanny Web-Slinger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Release Date: 2nd May 2014

Synopsis: In "The Amazing Spider-Man 2," for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can't come quickly enough. Peter hasn't forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen's father to protect her by staying away – but that's a promise he just can't keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.

Director: Marc Webb

Cast: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Paul Giamatti, Chris Cooper, Dale Dehann, Colm Feore, Felicity Jones, Sally Field

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1872181/

Poster:
amazing-spidey-2-banner.jpg

Last edited:
Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014) [SPOILERS FOR ASM]

They've actually confirmed this will be a trilogy so at least 2 more movies are coming.

As for the "untold story" being cut, I think they just realised they had a better movie then they thought and decided to stretch it out rather then get it out in one movie and not have much else to go on.

This is very interesting.

I hear the Oscorp building was almost in Avengers?

Matt: Yes. How do you know?

We all talk down there.

Matt: We just told somebody that minutes ago.

Yeah, we try to make your interviews progressively harder.

Avi: It’s a sad story. A close, close friend and college passed, Michael Riva-

Matt: Our production designer.

Avi: And he designed the most amazing ominous building that looks like it was born for New York. And we had a meeting with Kevin [Fiege] and we looked at it and we kind of thought it would be cool to have this building in The Avengers, in any – in all of these movies-

Matt: So you’d have these two towers on the skyline.

Yeah.

Avi: The viage of New York now will be connected.

Matt: With Stark Tower and Oscorp.

Avi: Towers of power, right?

Yeah, like a Manhattan midline: Chrysler Building, Stark Tower, Oscorp.

Matt: That’s exactly it, yes.

Avi: By the time the CG was done, though, the movie-

Matt: The timing didn’t make sense.

Avi: It was just timing. But in the future we’ll figure that out. It’s fun for us and fun for the fans.

It would be like a more Easter Egg fashon, because obviously the whole melding of properites is a big business thing that will never happen.

Matt: Thank you. At least you understand that. People are like “Why aren’t you doing that?”

I figured this was a trilogy, it's like an industry standard to make trilogies these days.

Avengers and Spider-Man don't mix too well imo, they do okay, but the stories are better with most teams and character when they're apart and given more focus.

Yea from the sound of it, they just wanted to do it as an easter egg type fan service and not with the intention of ever doing a full cross over. Just to put out the idea that a Marvel Universe exists and they aknowlege one another which I'd have been open to.

That's one thing i'm loving about superhero films at the moment lots of little easter eggs, throwbacks and nods to other characters, stories & places.

it's just Fun :)

Last edited:

I wonder if in the Sequel they'll show a resentment on Gwen's part toward Peter for the loss of her Father.

This guy left behind a wife, daughter and two sons, the absence of him may lead her to start to feel a contradiction between her love for Peter and resent of his Spider-Man job which in part caused the death of her Father.

Some are saying she should die in the sequel. Not sure how i feel about that just yet.

If they were to though i'd like the final image to be Spider-Man's Webline snapping taught and then a cut to black with to be concluded written, That'd be cool.

Perhaps instead of going the Venom route, they could have the Third film about vengeance and anger over the loss of Gwen and have Peter sew himself a black costume to show this mood, kinda like how he wore it in 'Back in Black' for that reason

If things go right introduce Harry mj and Norman in the second movie and I forgot jj. As of now Osborn in the movies is dying have him take the formula in the second one get better and go crazy in the third one .

The whole Norman Osborn dying and needing this formula may lead to a more Ultimate style Green Goblin rather than the classic.

Ultimategoblin-markbagley.jpg

It'd certainly avoid comparisons to the Dafoe one, but i think (like B&R's Bane) there won't be too many who say the original is better :lol

Or maybe they could go with introducing Norman Osborn in the second one as a powerful businessman who deals in the black market. Have that tie in with his hate for Spiderman and then introduce the primary villain, say Rhino or Scorpion, as a mercenary that is injected with a tweaked Lizard or super soldier serum to kill Spidey. Then for the third movie Norman decides to take things into his own hands, becomes the Goblin, and have the trilogy end with Gwen and Goblin's death.

Of course, before starting the Venom trilogy, of course. =D

Well with the idian guy attempting to test the formula on veterans at a hospital & the implication of Pete's parent being taken out to the picture its clear Norman isn't a model citizen, so yeah he might be a shrewd criminal mastermind too.

One of the articles i read indictate he is a central part of the Spidey universe in ASM, almost a puppeteer.

I'm not sure if it's in one of those links above but i read Sony can use Kingpin if they wish to. Would be cool to see Norman And wilson as crime partners

The whole Norman Osborn dying and needing this formula may lead to a more Ultimate style Green Goblin rather than the classic.

Ultimategoblin-markbagley.jpg

It'd certainly avoid comparisons to the Dafoe one, but i think (like B&R's Bane) there won't be too many who say the original is better :lol

but that looks horrible. Why would you want that over a more classic comic green goblin?

but that looks horrible. Why would you want that over a more classic comic green goblin?

i wouldn't mind, it seems more likely than classic with the way Osborn has been set up to take a genetic scambling formula.

An amalgation of the two would be better. Gotta love that glider

Love the fact that this time next year we will be seeing the 'one year to go' promotional campaign kick in.:rock

Well with the idian guy attempting to test the formula on veterans at a hospital & the implication of Pete's parent being taken out to the picture its clear Norman isn't a model citizen, so yeah he might be a shrewd criminal mastermind too.

One of the articles i read indictate he is a central part of the Spidey universe in ASM, almost a puppeteer.

I'm not sure if it's in one of those links above but i read Sony can use Kingpin if they wish to. Would be cool to see Norman And wilson as crime partners

His name is Rajit Ratha. (The Oscorp scientist you're referring to.) As it pertains to the movie, I know he was pushing Dr. Parker to expedite the human trials portion of Project 00, but Parker refused. When things went 'south,' Parker wanted to apply the research for botanic use, instead. Osborn and associates were not happy.

I felt kinda bad saying the indian guy but i never really caught his name :lol

As for the "Untold Story Begins" i hope we get more next time around

I would prefer to see a protogoblin that looks more like the Ultimate style, followed by Norman taking a more refined formula that turns him into the smaller glider riding goblin. Just keep alternating the villains abilities, so we go from one that flies to one that is large and hulking. I personally wouldn't want to see Scorpion next since he's somewhat similar to Lizard in his fighting abilities. I'd rather see a Vulture or Hydroman or Electro type.

I felt kinda bad saying the indian guy but i never really caught his name :lol

As for the "Untold Story Begins" i hope we get more next time around

Honestly, had I not followed all of the campaigning for this movie so closely, I wouldn't have even known his name. I don't even remember him being mentioned by name in movie, which sucks because I think he plays a bigger role than Sony is letting on so far.

Honestly, had I not followed all of the campaigning for this movie so closely, I wouldn't have even known his name. I don't even remember him being mentioned by name in movie, which sucks because I think he plays a bigger role than Sony is letting on so far.

there was a shot of him in Lizards underground lab, although i loved ASM, it did seem quite a bit was cut out, i wonder why.

Back