Batman Arkham City Play Arts Kai - Series 01

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Plissken

40s "men" still cry about being bullied here
Reaction score
This just popped up on BBTS

Batman & Catwoman with extra heads.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/list.aspx?list=10009

Play Arts is using rubber cords now? O_O

Their whole Kai line really is a step up from anything they ever done. Another easy Play Arts pre-order for me! :D

sep10353.jpg

sep10354.jpg

sep103544.jpg

Last edited:
Bat's cape is REALLY blue this time around. I have the AA version and that is pretty dark compared to this one. I wonder if there will be another cape section just like the AA.

Any predictions on Series 02? I'd like a Robin and Nightwing but they wouldn't do back to back heroes.

Joker/Harley or Joker/Two Face probably. These really do look great and true to the game, but right now my $ is going towards TDKR.

I dont like these. Yup. I said it!

They just seem to Anime for me, too japanese. Catwomans face looks very pointy, Batmans far too blue, looks too young and looks too thin; not the Unreal Engine build IMO.

I dont like the joints either. Thats one reason I prefer DCD; I like the statue-esque model as opposed to a really poseable figure.

Just my 2 cents but, I really dont like them.

I have not played Arkham City how is the version different then previous to Batman figures by play arts its looks the same but with a different paint job

I have not played Arkham City how is the version different then previous to Batman figures by play arts its looks the same but with a different paint job

Different designs of the utility belt and gauntlets.

I hate it when they come out with a better version and I already own the previous bats. might grab catwomen. reminds me of my neca robocop that's already dated cause now there one coming out with a retractable gun in his leg.

Gonna pass on all these. Wanted them before but between Hot Toys and Sideshow this hobby is expensive enough. :lol

Plus we'll get a Hot Toys Batman with an Arkham City design so that will be suffice for me.

I like both of them, these are great figures and more affordable that HT stuff. Times are tough financially for me and I can get 4 of these figures for the price of 1 HT figure.

I like both of them, these are great figures and more affordable that HT stuff. Times are tough financially for me and I can get 4 of these figures for the price of 1 HT figure.

Id love a HT figure, especially a TDK/BB or the upcoming Arkham City, but theyre just too expensive for me personally.

I was gonna save up and buy the Keaton 89 and the Batmobile, but at £500 for the batmobile and £180 for Keaton, let alone learning that the figures leather dont last so its rendered valueless and deteriorates on display...... I wont buy one, ever.

DCD are perfect for me, I like how they are like statues with some select poses but quite accurate. but DCD are £18.99 each. So basically, the first 2 waves were cheaper than a hot toys with £40 to spare.

Id love a HT figure, especially a TDK/BB or the upcoming Arkham City, but theyre just too expensive for me personally.

I was gonna save up and buy the Keaton 89 and the Batmobile, but at £500 for the batmobile and £180 for Keaton, let alone learning that the figures leather dont last so its rendered valueless and deteriorates on display...... I wont buy one, ever.

DCD are perfect for me, I like how they are like statues with some select poses but quite accurate. but DCD are £18.99 each. So basically, the first 2 waves were cheaper than a hot toys with £40 to spare.

Keaton hasn't deteriorated at all for me, been sitting on my shelf for months.

Keaton hasn't deteriorated at all for me, been sitting on my shelf for months.

its the long term im worried about. From what ive heard about BB and other leather, its gone weird.

Id have it out on display for life. away from direct sunlight, but its something id oggle till I die just like all my F1 cars.

Id be heartbroken to see it start going weird =[

so this new batman is from arkham city then why does he have the blue colors, isn't he grey in the second game?

I guess they just took a bit of a freedom in an attempt to create a definitive Batman from both games.

Not too fond of the Batman, too anime. But I like Catwoman.

i totally disagree on this. it is the catwoman that is too anime. if you look at the art cover of arkham asylum, that's exactly how he looks like. but i still like catwoman. i love the sculpt on the bats but the color bothers me, what's with the blue all over. i have the arkham asylum version i was gonna get this but because of the blue all over imma just stick to the arkham asylum one

Argh! Just when I was thinking I didn't like my last two Playarts figures (Joker, and Akuma), they kick me in the nuts with this must have Catwoman! Well I guess that wouldn't be considered a kick in the nuts,.......but still...

Back