Guy from Enterbay Likes Predators

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karamazov80

Ham and Egger
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Does he? Does he not? Is it something more? Is it nothing less? The world may never know.

534479_466507096695457_1839120246_n.jpg

Yeah I figured they were the NECA figures. That's the "Gort" masked head.

Really do we need Hot Toys and Enterbay making 1/4 Predator figures?

Ugh I hope nothing comes out of this. Having the major companies all do the same licenses is beyond stupid. I really hate it. It's a waste of everyone's time and money.

Ugh I hope nothing comes out of this. Having the major companies all do the same licenses is beyond stupid. I really hate it. It's a waste of everyone's time and money.

Yes, let's not have competition. Nothing good comes from it.

I think they have those for researching. It's not any indication of a project they're going to work on. They are breaking into the 1/4 scale figure market so they would probably want to find all the information they can get.

Yes, let's not have competition. Nothing good comes from it.

Not only that, but this is one license in particular where Hot Toys really needs a kick in the pants.

Hey, wait a minute. Screw Predator. If Enterbay has found a nifty rubber substitute for their Batman, let's see some Aliens! :lol

Exactly what I was thinking too.

Let's have a company monopolize this industry because we know that will improve quality and reduce prices. :thud:

They don't have to do the exact same figures and characters in order to compete with each other. That's not how it works. Instead of trying to tear at each other's throats they should be trying to expand to a wide variety of licenses in order to try to pull in as many new fans as possible. That is why the Men in Black license was such a good pick for Enterbay. That's also why they decided to make their Batman license 1/4. It isn't about complete direct confrontations. And seriously what's the point of doing the same characters from the same licenses? It's even worse that neither company bothers to actually finish the runs either. Okay so now Medicom, Enterbay, Hot Toys, etc.. have all done a Jack Sparrow. That's great now I can have him standing by himself in the corner, crying a lonely cry, but where's Barbossa?

And it's obvious that there seems to be little actual impact on pricing. If anything Hot Toys prices only go up no matter what.

They don't have to do the exact same figures and characters in order to compete with each other. That's not how it works. Instead of trying to tear at each other's throats they should be trying to expand to a wide variety of licenses in order to try to pull in as many new fans as possible. That is why the Men in Black license was such a good pick for Enterbay. That's also why they decided to make their Batman license 1/4. It isn't about complete direct confrontations. And seriously what's the point of doing the same characters from the same licenses? It's even worse that neither company bothers to actually finish the runs either. Okay so now Medicom, Enterbay, Hot Toys, etc.. have all done a Jack Sparrow. That's great now I can have him standing by himself in the corner, crying a lonely cry, but where's Barbossa?

And it's obvious that there seems to be little actual impact on pricing. If anything Hot Toys prices only go up no matter what.
That's it. We're on the same page.

Please tell me where I was suggesting other companies "make
the exact same figures and characters in order to compete with each other."

???

Is that really a big problem? I understand there is only so much r&d bandwidth available to a small outfit like Enterbay, but generally the licenses that they compete with HT head-to-head have been the really big ones. I'd argue the success of a figure like the Joker and Batman would bring in the $$$ to acquire more lucrative licenses. Obviously a compromise has to be in the breadth of their output, but they still announce stuff like MIB and Django's Unchained on a regular basis. I don't see what the problem is. Do you have a list of licenses they chose not to pursue because of commitments to competition? That I'd like to see.

Anyway, if Enterbay does make Pred figures, it'd probably be in 1/4, a category yet uncontested in this price range for this figure license. In this regard I find Monger's posts in this thread to be odd and contradicting.

Honestly, I think EB is gonna avoid direct competition with HT as much as possible until it is able to really establish itself as a brand somewhat on par with HT. Even with 1/4 scale, EB got T2, TDK, Rambo 3, and the Rockys, right? HT announced TDKR, Terminator 1, and Avengers if memory serves. The only thing we might see direct competition on would be Dark Knight suit Batman (with minor differences) and an Endoskeleton. Apart from that EB is doing similar characters from different films. 1/6th-wise, they aren't really competing yet, either, if we're talking apples to apples type releases. Last time I recall that happening was Godfather, and I suspect EB is still trying to recover from the trauma :lol

Let's hope them getting out of the gate earlier than Ht in 1/4 proves to be their benefit. Whatever the turnout, I think at some point Ht will require having a fire lit from under their asses to keep the quality up to match the inflating prices.

I still wonder about HT's strategy of releasing the same figures in different scales will pan out for them.

Back