Guardians of the Galaxy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy to be announced at comic con.

00a820b9.jpg

w00t!! Can't wait for more details! :rock

Didn't Latino Review say Black Panther was the film that was gonna be announced at Comic Con??

After reading the article i'm not convinced time travel will play any factor in the film. The guy at Latino Review admits he had to look up who was on the team and assumed it was the original incarnation which was set in the future. Feige said back in April the movie would be the current team whose adventures are set in present day. I think those writing the articles pulled up Guardians of the Galaxy, saw the original team and assumed that was what the movie will be about. Feige said we are getting Rocket Raccoon and Groot.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Need more details. This could really be a great tie in with what they've already got running in the Avengers.

I'm just afraid they'll make these guys canon fodder fo Thanos to kill before facing the more known team in Avengers 2

I wanna star in this. Where do I sign up? :)

My only concern here is that bringing in these insanely powerful galactic entities like Adam Warlock and Drax the Destroyer, with the intention of having them somehow involved in Avengers 2, is going to almost necessarily make some of the lesser powered Avengers (Hawkeye, Cap, BW) have more forced roles in the next Avengers movie. If Thanos has the Infinity Guantlet, and he's fighting a god like Thor, and guys with the "Power Cosmic," what the heck kind of role can guys like Hawkeye and Wasp really play?

I guess we'll see.

My only concern here is that bringing in these insanely powerful galactic entities like Adam Warlock and Drax the Destroyer, with the intention of having them somehow involved in Avengers 2, is going to almost necessarily make some of the lesser powered Avengers (Hawkeye, Cap, BW) have more forced roles in the next Avengers movie. If Thanos has the Infinity Guantlet, and he's fighting a god like Thor, and guys with the "Power Cosmic," what the heck kind of role can guys like Hawkeye and Wasp really play?

I guess we'll see.

Captain America: Iron Man, hit him with a wide spread with your repulsors.

Iron Man: On it.

Captain America: Thor, summon lighting and smash it into his chest.

Thor: it shall be done.

Captain America: Hulk... Smash!

Hulk: Grrrrrr.

Captain America: Hawkeye, take five. And Black Widow, go fetch me a danish

Captain America: Iron Man, hit him with a wide spread with your repulsors.

Iron Man: On it.

Captain America: Thor, summon lighting and smash it into his chest.

Thor: it shall be done.

Captain America: Hulk... Smash!

Hulk: Grrrrrr.

Captain America: Hawkeye, take five. And Black Widow, go fetch me a danish

You forgot WASP. :lol

I guess we'll see.

Battle in space and one on the ground too? :dunno

Gonna be busy!

Wish this was the original team so much, love those guys. They also have a far better back story. However, I can see that they need to intro Dax and Adam Warlock and Gamora for an Infinity Gauntlet storyline. I just hope they manage to fit Vance Astro and Caps shield into the movie.

not read much guardians stuff can any one reccomend anything?

Here are my thoughts.

All of the characters in GOTG are so far-fetched that making a movie out of them that will be enjoyable for die-hard fans and those unfamiliar with the characters will be all but impossible.

Tieing this in any way to The Avengers is a symphony in potential disaster for The Avengers.

If they take any storyline from this aspect of the Marvel Universe to use on the big screen...it will take a miracle to make happen well.

And if anyone can do it...this Disney/Marvel movie-making monstrosity can. And I can't wait to see how it translates to the big screen!

I think sticking a serious leader in Vance, an odd take on Jesus (Adam Warlock), a bruiser like Drax, an anthropomorphized raccoon, and a tree creature that looks like something out of Lord of the Rings together sounds like a heck of a lot of fun :D

Back