Medicom : Blade of the Immortal - Manji

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siona

Super Freak
Reaction score
Showed during the last medicom exhibition.

b0ee80b7c9fc6b7b37585d21650d7.jpg

This is an absolute must buy for me. I love Blade of the Immortal and I cannot wait for this figure release. Hopefully he comes with his full arsenal of weapons so I can pose him with them all on the ground near him. Should look fantastic. I hope they make a few more characters at least. Would hate for this to just be a one character dine and dash by Medicom.

The ankle and legs look like a poor attempt. The YJ! ver that Zuno sold a while ago beat this by miles, even thou price wise it's like 5-6 times more :lol

Not familiar with this license, but that looks pretty good to me. Like Marf says, this is where Medicom excels (from an aesthetic POV, anyway). Much more appealing than the Batman figures to my eyes.

A lot of the other stuff they had during the show is already up on preorder. I hope Manji goes up soon too!

Yeah this new figure does nothing but remind of that Manji custom from a few years back. Even now, it's still an amazing piece.

Wasn't your name Manji back when you owned that piece? Gotta say that was hands down one of the craziest 1/6 figures I've ever seen :google

That is correct. It was my pathway into this hobby.

Amazing custom piece! I do miss him but don't regret selling him on.

Abandon thread everyone run. I think Manji might be an exclusive.

"RAH 587 Manji Wonder Festival 2012 Summer event & Medicom online store exclusive. Limited to 700 pieces."

Consider this dead then. It will likely cost you over $300 to try to get through a proxy. Move on nothing to see here. Such a shame too. I would have loved to get this for understandable prices.

Another disappointment and a reason to hate Medicom for me.
I already have all the weapons. I'll make just a custom just to cool my rage...

Medicom always has the best exclusives. Darker Than Black Hei, Part 6 Jotaro. a winter Mushishi figure, etc.. Ugh. So expensive.

What do they get out of making this exclusive? Are they auctioning them off Ebaying themselves and make profit??

I guess it is just to raise awareness via conventions. Also half are sold at the convention while the other half are sold online so I imagine Medicom makes a lot of money since these don't go through retailers at all.

The way they handle exclusives is totally different from other companies. They release the big stuff through exclusives a lot. It's not like Hot Toys which will throw around some lame color variant or boring costume change that was barely relevant. Medicom will get a license solely for an exclusive release, such as with Darker Than Black. It sure is terrible for the Westerners who want this stuff though.

Back