New from Inflames Toys-齊天大圣 The monkey king

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inflamestoys

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
New from Inflames Toys-齊天大圣 The monkey king

More picture from https://blog.sina.com.cn/inflamestoys

1206161802c0c8665cbf295b52.jpg

12061618027b359667096e870f.jpg

12061618032bc0128962846ebc.jpg

1206161803cb9cea876b858945.jpg

120616180398b5316bb6c708a0.jpg

1206161803b35a0740040512df.jpg

1206161804595c558f69d7ebd5.jpg

120616180443485152eabf83b8.jpg

120616180461a896b471284d3c.jpg

1206161804370a36197f834106.jpg

Last edited:
A full set with all of the characters would look sick (assuming the artistic style for the other chars are on par with this one). Looks awesome.

LOL what is this just some made up monkey thing? I figure its from something legit, a video game or something, but it sure looks silly.

It's something every Chinese person knows. He's literally the Superman/Batman/Spiderman combined of Chinese superheroes. He is THE superhero. The guy who takes on the Gods... Kratos' daddy. :)

It's something every Chinese person knows. He's literally the Superman/Batman/Spiderman combined of Chinese superheroes. He is THE superhero. The guy who takes on the Gods... Kratos' daddy. :)

Interesting! I'm surprised I had not heard of him. What's his name? Now that I know it has some cultural significance I'm not so quick to scoff at it.

Still think it looks a bit goofy, but then again I do have an Avatar figure afterall.

Interesting! I'm surprised I had not heard of him. What's his name? Now that I know it has some cultural significance I'm not so quick to scoff at it.

Still think it looks a bit goofy, but then again I do have an Avatar figure afterall.

His English name is "Monkey King", Chinese people know him as Sun WuKong. Go rent "The Forbidden Kingdom"!!! It has JACKIE CHAN!

For those that aren't aware of what or who the Monkey King is...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong

There's plenty of MK influences.
League of Legends just pushed out a MK hero a few months ago.
In Street Fighter x Tekken, Marshal Law's second alternate costume is the monkey king's outfit with the sacred rod and all. It's not released yet but it was leaked via data mining the discs.
There was a Jackie Chan and Jet Li movie with it called Forbidden Kingdom.
And basically a ton of movie/TV series remakes in Asia around it.

I want this.

Re: New from Inflames Toys-齊天大圣 The monkey king

His English name is "Monkey King", Chinese people know him as Sun WuKong. Go rent "The Forbidden Kingdom"!!! It has JACKIE CHAN!

That was the first thing i thought of when i saw this,Jet Li as the Monkey King.

Re: New from Inflames Toys-齊天大圣 The monkey king

That was the first thing i thought of when i saw this,Jet Li as the Monkey King.

Just so nobody gets confused... Jet Li plays another character in the film. But he also does the motion/action for Monkey King in the film as well.

For those that aren't aware of what or who the Monkey King is...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Wukong

There's plenty of MK influences.
League of Legends just pushed out a MK hero a few months ago.
In Street Fighter x Tekken, Marshal Law's second alternate costume is the monkey king's outfit with the sacred rod and all. It's not released yet but it was leaked via data mining the discs.
There was a Jackie Chan and Jet Li movie with it called Forbidden Kingdom.
And basically a ton of movie/TV series remakes in Asia around it.

I want this.

Don't forget the most played out character in all of anime/manga: Goku/K@k@rot from the Dragonball series (and every saiyajin out there).

Yep, the Japanese name for Sun Wukong is Son Gokou. He is the main character from Journey to the West, an ancient adventure story. He is unlike any character you've ever seen. Imagine if Superman had the fighting prowess of Batman, Wolverine and Wonder Woman combined plus the magical powers of Dr. Strange, the jovial attitude of Spider-Man and was mischievous like Bart Simpson. If I were to compare the story he is in to something from the West it would be like The Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit.

He looks awesome, truely the Rock Monkey. I could see him disrespecting a few gods. I'd love to see a post-banishment version. He looks truely amazing.

DB06_024-vD6pe.jpg

Back