Marvel's The Black Panther

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greygoose

Super Freak
Reaction score
From latino-review.com:
latino-review said:
BREAKING

Earlier today I blew up my own twitter feed in the quest for new followers and boy did twitter nation respond!

Anyway, there has been much speculation as to the upcoming two Marvel films which have yet to be announced. It’s painfully obvious one of them is going to be the sequel to the Avengers.

But what about the other one?

Without further adieu, let’s get right to it…

Hell yes folks…

THE BLACK PANTHER is going to headline his own film!

How do I know? Let’s say I got it from FOUR different trusted sources.

Marvel is going BIG TIME after the urban film audience and I applaud them for that. Last year, it was reported that Marvel hired Mark Bailey to pen the script and I hear the script is fantastic.

The clues were always there. They showed Wakanda on the map in Iron Man 2 and Captain America’s shield is made from Vibranium which also hails from Wakanda. The Black Panther has a long development history which at one point had Wesley Snipes attached to star. Marvel got the rights back to the character in 2005.

The Black Panther has a HUGE urban following. Growing up in NYC, even though I’m more a Luke Cage fan, every Boricua I knew had crazy love for T’challa.

Who do I think got not only the physicality but the acting chops to play the character?

My money says Nate Parker from Red Tails.

From Wikipedia

The title “Black Panther” is a rank of office, chieftain of the Wakandan Panther Clan. As chieftain, the Panther is entitled to eat a special heart-shaped herb, as well as his mystical connection with the Wakandan Panther god, that grants him superhumanly acute senses and increases his strength, speed, stamina, and agility to the peak of human development. He has since lost this connection and forged a new one with another unknown Panther deity, granting him augmented physical attributes as well as a resistance to magic.

His senses are so powerful that he can pick up a prey’s scent and memorize tens of thousands of individual ones. T’Challa is a rigorously trained gymnast and acrobat, showing mastery in various African martial arts as well as contemporary ones and fighting styles that belong to no known disciplines.

So there ya have it.

Re: Marvels The Black Panther

.......hate him.

He's a core Avenger. I put him on the same level of importance as the Vision, Wonder Man, or Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver. Curious about the direction of the movie if they are going after an "urban" audience, though. Panther was a native African who became the king of Wakanda after his father, not an inner city guy. Seems like Luke Cage, the Falcon, or, uh, Daredevil would be a better pick for that kind of movie :lol

He's a core Avenger. I put him on the same level of importance as the Vision, Wonder Man, or Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver. Curious about the direction of the movie if they are going after an "urban" audience, though. Panther was a native African who became the king of Wakanda after his father, not an inner city guy. Seems like Luke Cage, the Falcon, or, uh, Daredevil would be a better pick for that kind of movie :lol

:lecture:rotfl:lecture:rotfl:lecture I hope they don't ghetto it down in an attempt to make this something it's not. :exactly:

Well if you're gonna say he's not a "core" Avengers guy, then I think you're restricting your list to essentially Cap, Iron man, Thor, and maybe Ant-Man/Giant Man and Wasp. He's not significantly less important than Hawkeye or Vision in my mind.

Yeah, I'd rather see a Luke Cage/Iron Fist flick.

I remember when this was being developed back in the mid-90s but it was ONLY because Wesley Snipes wanted to do it. The studios weren't interested at all and only developed it to humor Snipes.

I've never been a huge fan of the character - but it could be interesting if they stay true to his origins.

All this "Hood/Urban/Ghetto" talk is unnecessary.

This movie has the potential for great positive or great negative depending on how they do it thats what has me nervous.

Back