Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters review and discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Tonight I'm looking at more Dark Knight figures - this time, the new Movie Masters! I'm covering Batman, Bane, Catwoman and Alfred, and while none of them are perfect, they certainly are wetting my appetite for the film.

You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Re: Dark Knight Rises Movie Masters Bane, Batman, Alfred, catwoman review

anyone know what/who the 5th and 6th will be?

Why don't you ever link directly to the review? :dunno

The 5th will be John Blake and the 6th will be ( A SPOILER) so do not scroll down / read if you DO NOT WANT TO KNOW....

...Ra's

:panic:

I already mentioned it in the review - Blake is 5th, 6th hasn't been announced, but a lot of folks think it will be a Neeson Ra's.

The 5th will be John Blake and the 6th will be ( A SPOILER) so do not scroll down / read if you DO NOT WANT TO KNOW....

Spoiler Spoiler:

:panic:

Are you sure it's not...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Or has it been confirmed that it is indeed who you say it is?

It hasn't been confirmed at all. Hell, it could be some sort of Blake alter, like an Azrael or something similar. It's obviously something to do with the film since they are keeping it secret, but Ghul seems the most likely to me since it's pretty much confirmed Neeson will be in it at some point.

Why don't you ever link directly to the review? :dunno

Agreed - I also don't think a new thread is needed everytime. There should be a "Crawford Review's" thread which is updated.

Agreed - I also don't think a new thread is needed everytime. There should be a "Crawford Review's" thread which is updated.

I link to the main page because it's better for my site and my sponsors - I think considering the work that goes into the reviews, you can handle one extra click. By linking to the main page, new readers realize there's a full site with lots of reviews right up front and can see things they might not otherwise have, and every sponsor gets a better shot at traffic.

I use individual links again because it generates more traffic. Some buried thread in a general category means people only reading one area will miss reviews.

Mike, did your Catwoman have her goggles up or down in the package?

I'm asking because I thought the variant with the goggles already down couldn't make the cat ears. Hopefully I am wrong meaning I can just pick up whichever I find first and be happy. :)

Mine were up - I'd be surprised if there was a variant with them down in the package and they were glued in place...

I think they are, since when her goggles are down the eye pieces are reversed so it's not pointing out and it's around her head. Does that make sense? :lol

Thanks for the great review as usual! ;)

Hmmm - yea, that does, although the lens are curved out on this one. Weird, but yea, if the sides of the goggles on the variant are pointed back when on her face, then they might be glued in place. I'll have to watch for that one now!

Yep. There are two Catwomen available. Goggles up and goggles down. Prior to this review I was under the impression I was going to have to buy both figures to obtain both looks. Glad to see the goggles are articulated.

Still, I can't find Catwoman anywhere yet. I don't believe she's made it to this side of the Country just yet.

I link to the main page because it's better for my site and my sponsors - I think considering the work that goes into the reviews, you can handle one extra click. By linking to the main page, new readers realize there's a full site with lots of reviews right up front and can see things they might not otherwise have, and every sponsor gets a better shot at traffic.

I use individual links again because it generates more traffic. Some buried thread in a general category means people only reading one area will miss reviews.

*WHOOSH*

:slap

Yep. There are two Catwomen available. Goggles up and goggles down. Prior to this review I was under the impression I was going to have to buy both figures to obtain both looks. Glad to see the goggles are articulated.

Still, I can't find Catwoman anywhere yet. I don't believe she's made it to this side of the Country just yet.

Well, if the variant has the 'cups' pointed back along her head (which makes more sense for the right look) then it is a true variant and will look better with them down than this one does. But since I haven't seen a variant yet, I can't tell you for sure.

As to her availability - it seems like it's more of a chain thing. I've only seen Catwoman at Meijer so far...

Nice review, Mike! Nice to see so many non-dolly reviews lately.

I did a little more research and the goggles down variant is in fact a true variant. the goggles cannot go up to resemble cat ears.

on the search for a goggles up version now... :lol

Yep. Plus, it's easier to know what the review is on the thread title.

I prefer your way Mike.

You can change the thread title. :dunno

Back