Mattel 4" Dark Knight Rises Batman/Bane figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
The Dark Knight Rises toys are hitting widespread this week, and I'll be spending the next couple reviews checking them out. Tonight I'm looking at the 4" scale Batman and Bane, and the results aren't pretty. Hopefully things will improve later this week with a look at the Movie Masters. You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Dark Knight Rises Batman/Bane review

Add "MATTEL MM" to the thread title.

Batman and Catwoman use the same sculpts as the Movie Masters versions. Wonder why they didn't do the same for Bane?

Michael, you're absolutely right. Batman's just a reuse of the TDK figures. :monkey1

Good news is, I only have to pay half the price I paid for the TDK releases to pick up more to replace the ones that decomposed with that mysterious white rotting the TDK Batmans developed around their knees (which is starting to show up on my Infinite Heroes as well :mad:). :lol

Good news is, I only have to pay half price to pick up more to replace the ones that decomposed with that mysterious white rotting the TDK Batman got around his knees (which is starting to show up on my Infinite Heroes as well :mad:). :lol

Same thing happened to several of mine. :mad:

Looking forward to the MM reviews. I picked up Bane and Alfred last week:

moviemastersDKR.jpg

They're pretty solid figures for the price. I just hope they don't rot within the next couple years too!

Michael, you're absolutely right. Batman's just a reuse of the TDK figures. :monkey1

Good news is, I only have to pay half the price I paid for the TDK releases to pick up more to replace the ones that decomposed with that mysterious white rotting the TDK Batmans developed around their knees (which is starting to show up on my Infinite Heroes as well :mad:). :lol

what do you mean? did you contact mattel?

Just a heads-up: If you're only re-buying the Batman figure you already have to get the Batsignal piece you might wanna go to K-Mart because they have an exclusive Batman with WayneTech blueprints. Why buy a figure you already have for only one new accessory when you can get two?

Re: Mattel MovieMaster Dark Knight Rises Batman/Bane figure review

Just a heads-up: If you're only re-buying the Batman figure you already have to get the Batsignal piece you might wanna go to K-Mart because they have an exclusive Batman with WayneTech blueprints. Why buy a figure you already have for only one new accessory when you can get two?

Thanks bud. :hi5:

Why is this thread labeled as the "movie masters" figures? The ones in Michael's review are the basic 4" figures not the 6" movie masters versions. Thread title needs to be changed

Is this movie masters though?

I thought the MM line was a step up from this.

Here ya go:

Why is this thread labeled as the "movie masters" figures? The ones in Michael's review are the basic 4" figures not the 6" movie masters versions. Thread title needs to be changed

The reviews aren't for the MM figures. They're the kids 4" Mattel figures.

SnakeDoc

:)

Anybody see that new SDCC Ex. Bruce Wayne to Batman figure?

Anybody see that new SDCC Ex. Bruce Wayne to Batman figure?

0025013.jpg

Good concept. Not sure about the execution. We'll see when they come out with clearer pictures. Bruce-to-Batman figures always look ridiculous when caped-and-cowled.

I'd probably rather have a Bruce Wayne with Batman costume in the glass case. Like this ...

dark-knight-rises-bruce-wayne-photo.jpg

There's no need for the Bruce figure to be able to put the costume on. You already sell a figure with the costume on.

SnakeDoc

For those interested, the basic 4" figures are priced at only $4.99 at Target. Which is about fifty cents to a dollar cheaper than Wal-Mart and TRU.

Back