Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 469 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Here on the Perimeter
    Feedback
    Default Batman Sequel "The Dark Knight" Announced

Just announced. Well, it's gonna happen and The Joker will be featured as expected,

Here's a link from THR dated Aug 1 2006.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr..._id=1002915553

And one from from Variety

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...ryid=1236&cs=1
    Last edited by pjam; 07-31-2006 at 10:38 PM.

The official press release:

CHRISTOPHER NOLAN TO DIRECT WARNER BROS. PICTURES’ UPCOMING BATMAN MOVIE, THE DARK KNIGHT CHRISTIAN BALE REPRISES TITLE CHARACTER, HEATH LEDGER JOINS CAST AS THE JOKER

BURBANK, CA, 31 July 2006 – As a follow up to last year’s blockbuster Batman Begins, Christopher Nolan is set to direct Warner Bros. Pictures’ The Dark Knight, written by Jonathan Nolan, based on a story by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer. The film will be produced by Emma Thomas, Charles Roven and Christopher Nolan. Additionally, Christian Bale will resume his role as Bruce Wayne and Academy Award nominee Heath Ledger has been cast as The Joker. The announcements were made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

Christopher Nolan revamped the Batman franchise in 2005 with the immensely successful Batman Begins, starring Christian Bale in the title role, which chronicled the early years of the superhero. Nolan first garnered attention from critics and fans in 2000 with the groundbreaking drama Memento, which he wrote and directed. He went on to direct the thriller Insomnia, starring Al Pacino and Robin Williams, and recently wrapped production on The Prestige, with Hugh Jackman and Bale.

Bale was most recently seen in the ensemble cast of Terrence Malick’s The New World. His other credits include Little Women, Portrait of a Lady, Metroland, American Psycho, Laurel Canyon and Steven Spielberg’s Empire of the Sun, which was his first starring role.

Ledger most recently earned Oscar Golden Globe, BAFTA and SAG Award nominations and won the New York Film Critics Circle Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Ennis Del Mar in the award-winning drama Brokeback Mountain. His other credits include Casanova, Monster’s Ball, Lords of Dogtown, The Brothers Grimm and The Patriot.

“Chris’ unique vision is what made Batman Begins such an outstanding film and we could not imagine anyone else at the helm of The Dark Knight,” said Robinov. “We also can’t wait to see two such formidable actors as Christian and Heath face off with each other as Batman and The Joker.”

“I'm excited to continue the story we started with Batman Begins,” added Nolan. “Our challenge in casting The Joker was to find an actor who is not just extraordinarily talented but fearless. Watching Heath Ledger's interpretation of this iconic character taking on Christian Bale’s Batman is going to be incredible.”

Production is set to begin on The Dark Knight in early 2007.

Nolan and Ledger are represented by CAA.

Sounds great. With Nolan behind it, and Bale back as the bat, I have lots of faith and can't wait to see what they do with it.
    "I laugh in the face of danger... then I hide until it goes away"

Nexus 6
    Feedback
    Thanks for the news, pjam! The first thing I thought of was a new HT Dark Knight figure.

Torturer of OCD
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    Hidden Content
    Freaks Dilemma: desperate need for completion vs. desire for perfection

Here on the Perimeter
    Feedback
    Thanks for the news, pjam! The first thing I thought of was a new HT Dark Knight figure.
    There'll be one of those too Batty! This was posted literally a couple minutes after it appeared in the trades so SSF would get it fresh off the wire!

I know W-G, but Heath can pull it off, my only reservation was with his gravely voice and how it may come off. I assume the Studio and Chris did a bunch of screen tests with the kind of Joker character they wanted to portray before committing and were happy.

Let's face it that dude can act. Glover was tested I know but he lacks depth.. it was Nolan's decision and he was pitch perfect with casting "Begins" except for Holmes and who knew how she got that gig, prolly politics so I'm confident Nolan and Goyer are happy...
    Last edited by pjam; 07-31-2006 at 11:05 PM.

This is going to be great. I can't wait.:chew

Two-Faced Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    201 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    Not sure about Heath as Joker. I'll wait to see him in action before I judge though. Two years away still?

Nexus 6
    Feedback
    I'm just glad it isn't Robin Williams. I know he's a good actor and all, but I could never see him as the Joker.