1/6 Action Figure Display Cases

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Superman/Darrel

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the right place to post this, If it's not would a mod be so kind to move it where it belongs? Thanks. :)

Does anyone here know where I could find cheap acrylic/plastic display cases for Hot Toys 1/6 action figures?

This is kinda what I'm looking for...

scpfig6.jpg

I'm looking for someplace that sales these cheap. Someplace where the "Shipping & Handling" don't cost more than the case. It doesn't have to be made of glass, Acrylic or plastic will do just fine.

Any help you guys can give would be very appreciated.

Thanks. :)

We have a section for 'How to display your collectables' so I'll move your thread through there.
It's a great section for help/advice and opinions on various display options so I'm sure someone will be able to help.

Shell
x :peace

Great I did the same, If you can live with the sizes they offer (prebuilt) than I buy it cheap around 20$ for this big 'display':

6818427941_7bee217cd0_z.jpg

@the Moment it is quite full:
attachment.php

smaler ones I get easy on flea markets:

5341034648_f2c8e4b7f6_z.jpg

for 1/16 mak...

:lecture

Last edited:
Got a question, What size aquarium would work best with two HT figures?

10 gallon? 15? 20?

I want to put my 89 Batman and Chris Reeve Superman with the Krypton stand in one tank together but I'm not sure what size I should be looking for.

Just came back from another Michaels. The large acrylic display case (with the wine bottle picture) is discontinued, they will continue to carry the medium sized acrylic display case, which is only 13 inches tall and 5 inches wide. I can still fit a hot toys figure, but it's a little tight. The price is fantastic though, 14.99 before 40% off!

Possible the next stand for those three soldiers. Either this way or the wood goes vertical so just one figure can be shown.

Thing is with those old wood, you have to order one display customised. It will go from inexpensice to....

So I will see. But the Idea is not bad. All realistic looking (in this case all are soldier types) would go on this wood. The Anime (Kaneda, Mars Attacks, Spike, Golgo) will has more space and will stay togehter under the Aquarium well.

attachment.php

:monkey1

Last edited:
I get mine at Hobby Lobby, and they have the 40% off one item coupon that you can pull up on your cell phone on their main home page. The total ends up coming to about $8 which will hold 1 figure, I think its "15 tall, regular price I think is $12.99 but the coupon is ALWAYS useable on any one item. The case is acrylic.

Here is one of mine
IMAG0370.jpg

I will also have to vouch for Michaels. Combo it with the 40% coupons. Most times they'll even be 40% off without coupons.

Wall.jpg

Based on the awesome shelf display in the previous post, here's another suggestion for those who can't find single-figure display cases.

If you have or can set up shelving like in the image mentioned, consider some additional DIY/hacking. Attach a moulding/lip to the shelves to create a channel where you can insert a flat sheet of glass or acrylic/lucite/whatever. Do it on three sides and you've got a nice big case, no glue, no silicone, no solvent.

If you're anywhere near an Ikea, check out the relatively inexpensive flat sheets of glass they sell in various dimensions - originally intended to be pre-measured shelving for various of their products. Keep in mind that they're all tempered so they can't be cut or resized. Look for the product names "RATIONELL" "GRUNDTAL" and "INREDA" coupled with the word "GLASS" for examples.

I just got me for 5bucks each, three bases for my figures. They are 165mm on both sides and 50mm height. American Walnut. It is planing, so it will make a decent base. A display will follow.

Last edited:
Back