Anyone got the Rocketeer 2.0?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abstractharmony

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is it worth the cash?

Anyone got pics?

Who's got the best deal?

I can spot it for $129.00 plus shipping on e-bay but wondered if anyone was doing a 'Freak' discount.

abstractharmony said:
Is it worth the cash?

Anyone got pics?

Who's got the best deal?

I can spot it for $129.00 plus shipping on e-bay but wondered if anyone was doing a 'Freak' discount.

not a bad price, dark shadows and alter ego have him for 126 here in the states... maybe check uk dealers who sell medicom stuff...

is it worth the cash? I think so, I pre-ordered it but that's just me. :D

That's a great deal. I'm paying $140 without shipping. The waiting is the hardest part.

I got one on order with alter ego. Really looking forward to this figure.

I have the original, but I ordered this one as well - can't ever have too many Rocketeers.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Chewing gum on the rocketpack (if you saw the movie, you'll understand)

Mauser pistol

More detailed outfit

Have I missed anything??

Yeah, see the movie if you haven't yet! It's a damn good flik and you'll dig this figure even more. Arkin was great, great action scenes;Tim Dalton played an Errol Flynn type Nazi, that dude from "Lost"/The Stepfather played Howard Hughes, Jennifer Connelly was like, 22, and sumptuous and it's a great ride, very underrated flick, oh and Paul Sorvino played a Mobster!

pjam said:
Yeah, see the movie if you haven't yet! It's damn good and you'll dig this figure even more. Arkin was great, Great action scenes and Tim Dalton played an Errol Flynn type Nazi, that dude from "Lost"/The Stepfather played Howard Hughes, Jennifer Connelly was like 22 and sumptuous and it's a great ride, very underrated flick, oh and Paul Sorvino played a Mobster!

Yeah, they had a great cast in that flick (and Jennifer Connelly's always easy on the eyes...:cool: ). It was just campy enough to feel like a 1930s serial without going overboard.

I still remember when I first saw it in the theaters. Still in grade school, and I was jury-rigging my rocketpack with elastic straps and two large sports bottles strapped together!!

Heck, I don't remember for sure, but I probably slapped the chewing gum on too at some point!! :lol

Guy in a rocketpack fighting Nazis and a pre-anorexic Jennifer Connelly, you can't beat that with a stick.

Can't wait to get my Rocketeer from Alterego.

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Yeah, they had a great cast in that flick (and Jennifer Connelly's always easy on the eyes...:cool: ). It was just campy enough to feel like a 1930s serial without going overboard.

I still remember when I first saw it in the theaters. Still in grade school, and I was jury-rigging my rocketpack with elastic straps and two large sports bottles strapped together!!

Heck, I don't remember for sure, but I probably slapped the chewing gum on too at some point!! :lol

Honestly, it's a very well crafted script and extremely well executed and even James Horner (Aliens/Titanic) did the score.

The final battle scene on the Nazi dirigible at Griffith Observatory is great!

Yes, this one will stand the test of time, great ride.

lcummins said:
Anyone actually read the Dave Stevens' comics before the movie came out? Besides me? :lol

Actually, I got into the Rocketeer big time while I was at Art College in the mid 80's. I was blown away by Dave Steven's art waaaay before there was a movie idea. So, yeah. you bet I was into the movie and that I eventually got the figure. Cost a bunch to get too. Even a few years back.

By the way, the other thing I understand is supposed to be changed from the 1.0 figure is a larger, taller figure base body. One can hope. :D

Figuremaster Les said:
Actually, I got into the Rocketeer big time while I was at Art College in the mid 80's. I was blown away by Dave Steven's art waaaay before there was a movie idea. So, yeah. you bet I was into the movie and that I eventually got the figure. Cost a bunch to get too. Even a few years back.

By the way, the other thing I understand is supposed to be changed from the 1.0 figure is a larger, taller figure base body. One can hope. :D

The boy can draw, that's for sure! And I love his Betty Page art as well! :D

lcummins said:
The boy can draw, that's for sure! And I love his Betty Page art as well! :D

When I first saw his work, I thought that Dave drew the sexiest women I had ever seen in a comic.
I am proud to say I have about six autographed original comics signed by the man.

(Apologies...Hardcore and indulgent Rocketeer fan moment...)
Get this, he even gave me a stick of Beemans gum! No lie. Dude rules! You know he based the main character on himself and sidekick Peevy on his own Dad. Gotta love that. And of course, Betty...what ya reckon the movie woulda been if they'd have made Jenny more of a Bettie Page type character? hmmm... the mind boggles.

Anyway...figure...2.0....

Figuremaster Les said:
When I first saw his work, I thought that Dave drew the sexiest women I had ever seen in a comic.
I am proud to say I have about six autographed original comics signed by the man.

(Apologies...Hardcore and indulgent Rocketeer fan moment...)
Get this, he even gave me a stick of Beemans gum! No lie. Dude rules! You know he based the main character on himself and sidekick Peevy on his own Dad. Gotta love that. And of course, Betty...what ya reckon the movie woulda been if they'd have made Jenny more of a Bettie Page type character? hmmm... the mind boggles.

Anyway...figure...2.0....

Well, it's now that time where I have to say this, yes I must honor the precursor to the Rocketeer as we know him from the film, the original Old School Cool "Dude" and one of my as of yet unrealized dream projects.

Whet any appetities yet?

Ok, here goes...

Larry Martin, in the last of the "Commando Cody" Republic Serials in "Zombies of the Stratosphere". First there was "The King of the Rocketmen" 1949, then "Commando Cody in Radar Men From the Moon" and a few others and finally "ZOTS" where a very young Leonard Nimoy played a Martian but to me, Larry Martin was the coolest, a dashing Intelligence Officer who used the rocket pack and iconic Helmet to track down the Martians plotting to destroy earth by setting it off it's orbit...

Of course they used that same rocket pack in all the republic Serials and had three different actors playing variations of the same character but there you go, the original, as most of you know.

Zombiestrat5.jpg

Last edited:
I had this along with the Medicom Jack Sparrow on order but I had to cancel both due to all the items that came out in the last 2 months.

I know I'm going to regret it in a month or so.:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

QQB said:
I got one! around HKD$750!

Awesome QQB, what are your thoughts about it, how do you compare it the V 1.0 and can you post more pics? Pleeeease!?

Back