[ebay scam] RedDragonStatues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brunotheanswer

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
i don't post too much on the forum, but i am always here reading a lot, these days i had a big problem with the ebay seller RedDragonComics and i want to share, so we can protect us against those ebay scams.

I did a pre-order of Psylocke PF with the seller RedDragonStatues (email [email protected]), after the 45 days of paypal protection, he told he have a problem so i have to wait two months, after a few of very rude responses i asked to cancel my pre-order, he cancelled but charged me 25% of the total value, he simply stole my money, he is a thief.

I am here to tell everybody what happened, my advise is don't buy from RedDragonComics because he is a scam, even his positive feedbacks he bought from other user: superpowercollectibles. And never do pre-order on ebay because paypal prottect you only for 45 days.

:monkey2

Last edited:
Re: [ebay scam] RedDragonComics

Sorry to hear this but buying a pre-order from evilbay is always a :nono

What was in their listing for the item?, did it state that you would lose the deposit if you cancelled?, I'm just curious.
x :peace

Did you pay with a cc?

If so you have longer then 45 days to make a charge back.

Also NEVER pre oder stuff on ebay.

Sorry to hear this but buying a pre-order from evilbay is always a :nono

What was in their listing for the item?, did it state that you would lose the deposit if you cancelled?, I'm just curious.
x :peace

I payed full amount. It says 20% lose, but he charged 25%. The big problem is: he forced me to cancel so he can steal my money.

Did you pay with a cc?

If so you have longer then 45 days to make a charge back.

Also NEVER pre oder stuff on ebay.

I used paypal, so i haved just 45 days of protection. :slap

Sounds like you didn't think this through and/or read the fine print. Oh yeah, and never pre-order on eBay.

i have been wary of these seller since the beginning , he does have good deal mostly on bowens, and communicates well when ordering, but after checking his feedback where he has been really rude to some buyers, id decided to not to risk buying anyhting fom him

I did, but i can't wait two more months. It is psylocke PF, everybody got it already and he told me to wait two more months just to steal my money.

anyways y did u cancel u could have asked him to deliver the statue or raised a claim with ebay instead of cancelling..

i have been wary of these seller since the beginning , he does have good deal mostly on bowens, and communicates well when ordering, but after checking his feedback where he has been really rude to some buyers, id decided to not to risk buying anyhting fom him

He is rude because he dis not study, he is just stupid and a thief.

And his positive feedback is a scam too, he vas 2000 positive feedback from the same user, i mean he exchange positive feedback.

I payed full amount. It says 20% lose, but he charged 25%. The big problem is: he forced me to cancel so he can steal my money.
Thanks for posting. It seems he made you aware that an amount would be still be payable if you cancelled, although the figure you claim is different (20/25%).

How did he 'force' you to cancel? this was your opening post:
I did a pre-order of Psylocke PF with the seller RedDragonStatues (email [email protected]), after the 45 days of paypal protection, he told he have a problem so i have to wait two months, after a few of very rude responses i asked to cancel my pre-order, he cancelled but charged me 25% of the total value, he simply stole my money, he is a thief.

:monkey2

So I am understanding there was a delay and you would not get the item for 2 months, and this was said to you after the 45 day period that is allowed by PP to make a claim. Yet in your opening post (above) you state that you chose to cancel it?.

Did you use a Credit Card?, maybe if you make a report with them, they can get the 5% difference back for you.
It seems (from what you have said and an outsiders POV) that the listing made you aware there would be a cancellation fee, if the CC company can look into it you may be able to get the difference back.
Just a suggestion.
x :duff

Thanks for posting. It seems he made you aware that an amount would be still be payable if you cancelled, although the figure you claim is different (20/25%).

How did he 'force' you to cancel? this was your opening post:

So I am understanding there was a delay and you would not get the item for 2 months, and this was said to you after the 45 day period that is allowed by PP to make a claim. Yet in your opening post (above) you state that you chose to cancel it?.

Did you use a Credit Card?, maybe if you make a report with them, they can get the 5% difference back for you.
It seems (from what you have said and an outsiders POV) that the listing made you aware there would be a cancellation fee, if the CC company can look into it you may be able to get the difference back.
Just a suggestion.
x :duff

He forced me to cancel, because i was unprotected (paypal protect you for just 45 days) and he told me (on a very, very, very rude way) that i need to wait two more months.

What did i think?

He is trying to steal my money, i can cancel now and receive 75% back or i can wait 2 more months and receive 0% back and no statue of course.
:dunno

brunotheanswer sorry you got scammed. That's complete bs on reddragonstatues part, sideshow has this IN STOCK now, it should be shipped within days after the reseller place a dropship order with them.

I had to wait for a 1+ months too as you know but during that time sideshow does not have the reg edition in stock and showed preorder. As soon as it switched to in stock status i received mine directly from sideshow via dropship.

You should go after that guy.

I'll just repost what everyone else has said: NEVER pre-order from Ebay. Stick with what is in stock. If they give you gruff about something "coming soon" or being "delayed" you have basis for a full refund because of them lying in the description of the auction.

brunotheanswer sorry you got scammed. That's complete bs on reddragonstatues part, sideshow has this IN STOCK now, it should be shipped within days after the reseller place a dropship order with them.

I had to wait for a 1+ months too as you know but during that time sideshow does not have the reg edition in stock and showed preorder. As soon as it switched to in stock status i received mine directly from sideshow via dropship.

You should go after that guy.

I am from Brazil, so i can't go after him in New York.

You are right, he has no reasson to tell me to wait even more, because sideshow has the statue in stock for several days.

I am here to tell everyone to stay away from this thief.

Just to be clear: [email protected] as know on ebay as reddragonstatues is a thief.

There not suppose to sell preorders unless the thing arrives within a short time. I would report it to eBay and your credit card company (thats if you used it). Your CC will be able to get your money back.

This reminds me of Collectors Universe/markfcg on eBay. In 2005 I pre-ordered something from him. When I saw what I purchased was available with other eBay sellers, I enquired about it; to which he replied very rudely. Since 45 days had already passed, I couldn't do much and ended up losing my money. reddragoncomics is no better, does not care to reply, and when they do, the tone is very rude.

Can't really help much on this, hope it was not a big amount you lost.

This reminds me of Collectors Universe/markfcg on eBay. In 2005 I pre-ordered something from him. When I saw what I purchased was available with other eBay sellers, I enquired about it; to which he replied very rudely. Since 45 days had already passed, I couldn't do much and ended up losing my money. reddragoncomics is no better, does not care to reply, and when they do, the tone is very rude.

Can't really help much on this, hope it was not a big amount you lost.

Exactly what happened! He is a thief, everyone need to be aware.

There not suppose to sell preorders unless the thing arrives within a short time. I would report it to eBay and your credit card company (thats if you used it). Your CC will be able to get your money back.

I tried to report to ebay, but i received a email telling me to call ebay on the phone. I am in Brazil, how the hell i am going to call ebay on the phone anyway. Can someone report?

Exactly what happened! He is a thief, everyone need to be aware.

I tried to report to ebay, but i received a email telling me to call ebay on the phone. I am in Brazil, how the hell i am going to call ebay on the phone anyway. Can someone report?

Hello
Use the eBay online chat I've used it a couple of time for various problems an they seem helpful and you don't have spend a fortune on the phone.

Back