1/6 HT Terminator Salvation JOHN CONNOR review?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Sam

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi There,
Did anyone collect the HT Terminator Salvation JOHN CONNOR (not the final battle ver.)?

My friend had one, have not taken out from the Box. Last week, after he had move in into his new home he decided to take it out for display in his BIG display cabinet together with the rest of his collection.

I was there, to our surprise when we open the box the "Leather Jacket" had crack and started to peal off...:thud:

Is there anyone out there had the same problem?
Is it the climate of different region? Or something else? And is there any prevention or solution?

yes the badge on mine came off right out of the box,i think the glue used on the badge ate away at the thin leather. pretty crappy quality...

It seems like keeping these figures mint in box is actually really unhealthy for the figure itself. There are just too many paints, plastics, fabrics, batteries all reacting to each other in such a confined space. Thats why they put those desiccant packets in the box, but those are only meant to work for a little while.

Especially the Ironman figures. I've heard stories of people who bought 2 of them, one to open one to keep mint and the figure in the box had color faded more severely than the opened one.

Any pics?

Hi There,
Did anyone collect the HT Terminator Salvation JOHN CONNOR (not the final battle ver.)?

My friend had one, have not taken out from the Box. Last week, after he had move in into his new home he decided to take it out for display in his BIG display cabinet together with the rest of his collection.

I was there, to our surprise when we open the box the "Leather Jacket" had crack and started to peal off...:thud:

Is there anyone out there had the same problem?
Is it the climate of different region? Or something else? And is there any prevention or solution?

Any pics?

Mine has been in a detolf for 4 years and aside from the glue work I've done on it myself, (most of his gear's glued on, as it was ____ing me off), it's pretty much the same as it was out of the box.

It seems like keeping these figures mint in box is actually really unhealthy for the figure itself. There are just too many paints, plastics, fabrics, batteries all reacting to each other in such a confined space. Thats why they put those desiccant packets in the box, but those are only meant to work for a little while.

Especially the Ironman figures. I've heard stories of people who bought 2 of them, one to open one to keep mint and the figure in the box had color faded more severely than the opened one.

Wow! I need to warn my friend...:eek:

Any pics?

Any pics?

picture.php

wow! suddenly Im afraid to look at my Blade figure! With so many issues of rubber cracking, leather flaking, paints fading, it seems hard to keep hot toys figures looking mint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back