Question about IKEA detolf/display cabinets

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obsidian7

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm currently looking for my first display cabinet to house my small, but growing collection. I like the IKEA detolf and I know that it's quite popular and a good price, but the shelves (3 per unit) are a fixed height and can't be adjusted.

Does anyone know if this will house PFs? I have Jason Part 3 PF and the website gives a total height for the product but I thnk that includes bases measurements top and bottom etc too not the height each shelf can acommodate.

Does anyone have this and can give me some advice? :panic:

Cheers

the heights between each shelf is about 16" so you won't be able to fit PFs in there without removing shelves. you can fit only 2 PFs in a Detolf. hope this helps!

You should have a look in this forum: https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55

Anyways. Detolf can hold PF's. But only two in each. You can leave the middle shelf and you can then have one in each half.

On paper, though, the glass shelves have a maximum capacity of 6 kg. (13.2 pounds). But many have made their own shelves of stronger glass.

Sometimes with a riser under your PF's you can fit two in each section.. (so you may be able to get 3-4), in one Detolf... it depends on the pose of your PF... I also place two glass shelves together to give extra support if you do place two PF's on one shelf....

To add: If you have a custom glass place near by, you can get some thicker glass cut for you. Here; where I live, it isn't that expensive at all to get done. That way you can hold a little more weight on each shelf for your PFs.

I would skip Detolf and go right to Besta. I may let go of my two detolfs. They just don't seem all that great to me. I dunno.

I would skip Detolf and go right to Besta. I may let go of my two detolfs. They just don't seem all that great to me. I dunno.

I let mine go as well. They are great for HT but for PF's not so much IMO. I rather the look of the Besta with glass doors.

I still have 12" I'm keeping and the Avengers line coming. But I would prefer to put them in Besta as well.

Don't put something too heavy, I am always afraid it will break, put the heavy one on the top, check out my collection pic Below for some idea.

With my First Child on the way, I've just sold my set of four detolfs for 120$. once we get moved into a new place later this year, I'll be going with the Billy bookcase system, and just getting glass doors.

thanks guys. I've been doing alot of surfing online, looking at how the different pieces hold up and I think Besta would be the go - white with mirrored inserts for the base and back of the cubes and glass doors :)

At the moment I just have Expedit cubes with them lined up on top (one word: DUST), and a few still in boxes as no where to put them haha o_O

Back