Rewatched Army of Darkness; Ash is kinda of a D**K in it!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't seen this one in a long, long time, and what caught my attention the most, aside from the huge amt of continuity errors, was how different Ash was in AoD compared to Evil Dead 2

When dealing with other people, Ash was a jerk; when he was in scenes with just himself battling the crazy stuff, he felt like Evil Dead 2 Ash....

The last yokels he trusted locked him in a basement with a transvestite zombie, and opened a time portal that violently sucked him in, only to be captured and thrown into a well with a torture chamber by ignorant peasants.

[ame="https://youtu.be/Or3okI_mad8"]https://youtu.be/Or3okI_mad8[/ame]

I always sit through the entire movie even though I have seen it so many times that I am kind of sick of it just to see this scene. Sometimes I day dream about what it would have been like if Bruce Campbell had done more roles like this rather then getting sucked in to B level obscurity. Oh and On ashes character being a bigger ____ in AoD than he was in Evil Dead II one must also consider that he was only hero ash for the final 15 minutes of Evil Dead II and the rest of the film was his character slowly developing in to this hero. Bruce was hero ash from beginning to end in AoD so naturally he should come of more confident even cocky or rude.

Other than Ash himself and the S MART scene, the movie is garbage. Evil Ash is lame and all the fighting scenes are boring.

Other than Ash himself and the S MART scene, the movie is garbage. Evil Ash is lame and all the fighting scenes are boring.

9C23_4EEDDE1D.gif

See, I like the movie, I would personally prefer an edit thats the director cut, but with the theatrical opening and closing scenes instead.

Anyone have the BluRay? Worth owning?

I admit the fights at the end with the skulls are kinda lame,but they are really funny, the effects look really bad but I guess thats part of the charm, I Love AoD, I think is cool, the end gets stupid but everything else is okay

That's because your primitive intellect wouldn't understand alloys and compositions and things with.... molecular structures.

https://youtu.be/Or3okI_mad8

I always sit through the entire movie even though I have seen it so many times that I am kind of sick of it just to see this scene. Sometimes I day dream about what it would have been like if Bruce Campbell had done more roles like this rather then getting sucked in to B level obscurity. Oh and On ashes character being a bigger ____ in AoD than he was in Evil Dead II one must also consider that he was only hero ash for the final 15 minutes of Evil Dead II and the rest of the film was his character slowly developing in to this hero. Bruce was hero ash from beginning to end in AoD so naturally he should come of more confident even cocky or rude.

Who is the actress in this clip?

Back