Possible Brainiac PF and sixth scale figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMadTitan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Q.
Will the DC license allow Sideshow to do characters from DC Universe Online? The designs of those DC characters are top notches from Mr. Jim Lee and his team. How about Brainiac, who donned a more heavy armored purple costume? I hope we’ll see a Premium Format and a 1:6 scale figure of the diabolical Brainiac please!

Indeed, and the artwork from DC Universe has already been utilized as inspiration for upcoming products, and mostly because of the excellent work Lee and his team did in rendering these characters for their 3D game models. We’re in love with the Brainiac designs too.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/experie...eam-how-about-brainiac-who-donned-a-more-hea/

1674571-dc_universe_online_legends__2_001_super.jpg

Brainiac_body.jpg

That Brainiac is horrendous. It's bulky for the sake of being bulky and reminds of something horrid from the 90s era. I love Jim Lee but the man cannot design for ____. It's always filled with unnecessary bull____. I always loved the Super Powers version because it felt scary but if they are going to use the personified version less is more. Brainiac considers himself so much smarter than everything/anything else he wouldn't use all that bulk.

Brainiac.jpg

Lee's artwork is a'aight (though he's really overexposed nowadays, and more than a bit overrated in my book), but I'm not a fan of his character designs. The version of Braniac theMike shows would be my second choice. . .though preferably, the version wearing a long-sleeved polo shirt and a speedo :lol

sm167_trap.jpg

Now that's how a man dresses when he doesn't feel the need to intimidate his enemy with his look!

That actually reflects his intelligence. Superman keels over laughing at how Brainiac forgot to put pants on, and then BAM! Superman gets a face full of Kryptonite.lol Also, The Mike, that's probably one of, if not my favorite Brainiac designs/characterizations in his history, that being said, however, that Brainiac can be bulky,too;) :

Gary_Frank_Brainiac.jpg

Either this one or what The Mike has, no bulky ____. He looks like some random robot with the color palette for Brainiac. ____ you Jim Lee.

Brainiac_Robot.jpg

Brainiac needs no muscle.

901036-j_02_027_super.jpg

I think SSC needs a 1/6th line devoted to the work of Alex Ross in Justice. The DCD 7" series was one of their most impressive lines ever, if we could get those kinds of offerings at SSC quality, well, then...:drool :drool :drool :drool :drool :drool

Yup. I don't want 3-d representations of specific artists, but I do want them to take the essence of the characters from those who drew them best. Ross is a good place to start.

THIS FTW:

Mayfair_Brainiac_01.JPG

I don't know, I've never been a big fan of that Brainiac. I've always thought of the character as a bridge between Biology and Technology; an example of what intelligence is capable of without emotion. The Super Powers rendition struck me as just another robot/android.

Actually I think they should stick with the green skinned armorless version. They should have Luthor with armor, Brainy with green skin & Metallo be the robotic one so they'll be easier to distiguish.

Yup. I don't want 3-d representations of specific artists, but I do want them to take the essence of the characters from those who drew them best. Ross is a good place to start.

I think that's why Ross works so well in a 3-dimensional plane such as this. With other artists, there are compromises that need to be made to transfer it to say, PFs or 1/6th figures; certain idealizations. However, Ross does all of the work for you. Dare I say, his work is about as 3-dimensional as you can get on a 2-dimensional page, and because of that, it really would be nothing more than a transferral to a different medium.

That Brainiac is horrendous. It's bulky for the sake of being bulky and reminds of something horrid from the 90s era. I love Jim Lee but the man cannot design for ____. It's always filled with unnecessary bull____. I always loved the Super Powers version because it felt scary but if they are going to use the personified version less is more. Brainiac considers himself so much smarter than everything/anything else he wouldn't use all that bulk.

Brainiac.jpg

:exactly:

I'd definitely prefer a Braniac like the image you posted as opposed to thr DCU Online version which I would no buy if it came out that way.

That Brainiac can be bulky,too;)

Gary Frank is a little meh but even that one is better than Lee's. Compared to Lee's bulky, Frank's lumbering droid is damn near anorexic.

I would prefer thin and slim but if you "McGuinness" that design it still looks better than Lee's DCUO design:

Brainiac+011.jpg

Back