Ask Sideshow Marvel Q&A's

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Green

Super Freak
Reaction score
There's a "Ask Sideshow DC Q&A's" so I figured I start a Marvel too.

Q: I just wanted to say that I love what you are doing with the Legendary Scale Figure line. I’m a BIG fan of 1/3rd scale statues (especially Predators). My only concern is the edition sizes of the LSFs. I can understand keeping them as open editions until cancelled. That allows people to save up for these expensive pieces. BUT, as a collector I like to know how rare or common my statues are. Would it be possible to number these LSF’s as they come off the line? Then when the molds are destroyed and the line is finished, you can post the final Edition Size. That way SSC sells as many as they can and us Statue geeks get to know how many other people have the same statue we bought and we can stop complaining about the open editions having no set numbers.

A: While the Legendary Scale Figures will not be numbered individually, rest assured that the number produced is highly limited. You’re quite right, our reasoning for the non-published edition size does have a lot more to do with allowing collectors the maximum opportunity to own one of these big beasts, because these are not quick, impulse [...]

Well, there it is. LSF are not open edition after all. Word is bond!

Last edited:
"While the Legendary Scale Figures will not be numbered individually, rest assured that the number produced is highly limited"

Not numbered? that's gonna piss off a lot of collectors. :rolleyes:

How else are they gonna charge a bomb on evilbay without knowing what number of what number they are scalping :lol

Comic Related Updates...

Q&A - April 11 2012 said:
Q. ANY CHANCE YOU GUYS WORKING ON AN ORIGINAL PUNISHER PREMIUM FORMAT FIGURE? YOU KNOW, WHITE BOOTS, ORIGINAL SKULL LOGO, WHITE GLOVES, ETC?

A. A new Punisher is in the works, although we’re not ready to spill the beans just yet on the exact look. Except that he’s awesome, so awesome that he’s rather intimidating even in his raw sculpt form

Q&A - April 22 2012 said:
Q. COULD YOU GUYS MAKE A WOLVERINE VS CYCLOPS DIORAMA?

A. We hear ya bub, but we are really stoked to show our Wolverine vs. Hulk first!

Last edited:
Waiting on

Wolvie v. Hulk
Punisher PF
Cable com. or PF
Deadpool PF
Rhino Com.

Doesn't matter, LSFs will be available for years down the line anyways. Loads of time to get good deals on them.

Comic related Updates

Q&A - May 4th 2012 said:
Q. The Future Foundation of Fantastic Four storyline has been a great read for me so far. I really love their white costume designs, especially Dr. Doom. Do you guys have plans of making a Dr. Doom Comiquette based on the Future Foundation design? How about a Fantastic Four vs Diorama with Dr. Doom in the team? Cheers!

A. The black and white Future Foundation costumes are fantastic indeed. We have plans for Dr. Doom, but first up will be more of a classic interpretation than anything modern storyline based.

Q&A - May 6th 2012 said:
Q. I know you guys released an Uncanny X-force diorama but, I was wondering if you would release the rest of the team; Archangel, Fantomex, Deadpool, and Psylocke? It would make a great companion piece.

A. We love your thinking and it’s a real possibility, but not in the immediate plans.

You should totally just ask Sideshow, and this isn't meant to be a smart@ss comment. I sent in my own question and they were answered so I suggest give it a try. It's kind of cool actually to see your question get answered by Sideshow officials.

Anyone know if theyre ever going to release a Daredevil PF?

He has been discussed over and over again so sideshow definatly knows how badly we are looking forward to a 1/4 scale daredevil, Especially now that we have some of the lesser clamored over formats produced or in production such as the bust and 1/5 they hopefully will turn their attention to a premium format.... as far as a time scale as of right now it is merely a guessing game.

You should totally just ask Sideshow, and this isn't meant to be a smart@ss comment. I sent in my own question and they were answered so I suggest give it a try. It's kind of cool actually to see your question get answered by Sideshow officials.

Yeah they answered at least 4 of my questions already.

Back