Video Games Unplugged - Symphony of Legends

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthIndy

Super Freak
Reaction score
A couple of nights ago I had the absolute pleasure of attending this concert in Melbourne, performed by the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra along with the Concordis Chamber Choir, and hosted by Scott Kurtz and Kris Straub (from Penny Arcade) and self-confessed gaming nerd Wil Wheaton (ST:TNG, Big Bang Theory).

We were treated to the music from games such as Halo, Skyrim, Final Fantasy VII, Assassins Creed, Bioshock, Uncharted, WoW, Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Shadow of the Colossus, Soul Calibur, Secret of Mana, Metal Gear Solid, and more.
A stand out for me was One Winged Angel from FFVII and no less than 3 choirs performing the Skyrim theme.
Many of the soloists performing particpated in the original recordings for the games. A suprise guest was the composer of Soul Calibur 1-4, Junichi Nakatsuru.

Above the orchestra were large screen showing cinematics and gameplay footage of the games while the music was played.

The hosts were great, with a couple of small comedic segments between the music, in particular a great Penny Arcade cartoon of the Dragonborn and a Greybeard comparing new shouts they've picked up.

To finish the night, the finalists of a local Soul Calibur tournament staged their match on stage with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra performing the battle medley live!

If this concert is ever playing in your city, I fully recommend it.

Did they play this one from Castlevania: Symphony of the Night? I'd imagine it'd be a pretty good fit for something like this.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwS6481oQk[/ame]

Back