Action Figure 1:6 Short Round Figure. Has anyone done one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAZAFANTASMA

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've seen a lot of TOD Indys and some Mola Rams, but I've never seen any Short Rounds in 1:6 :dunno.

Has anyone done one? If so... show them in this post!!! I'm going to try to do mine....but it will take a while.
:peace
Thanks!
Sal

Somebody did. Trevor did a private commission for Shorty a while ago, and it was glorious:

https://trev-solo.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4k9tms

short_round_collage_by_trev_solo-d4k9tms.jpg

Here's the thread:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66833&page=87

The conversation starts around half way down the page.

WOW that head sculpt looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe he still has the molds and could do a run for TOD fans. I heard there was one from Lonnie Hall , but even he doesn't have pics of it.

Trevor Grove 12:09pm Apr 10
Hey Sal, thanks for the note! Unfortunately, I can't sell any Short Round heads. It was a private commission, but after I finished him for my friend/client, I sold it to Sideshow.

I don't know if Sideshow will ever be able to produce it, much like the Spalko, but the ball is in their court. :)"

So I guess it's up to sideshow to use that wonderfull sculpt! :(

Yeah, good luck with that.

Boy, it's really a noggin-scratcher why Sideshow would release German Indy and not Spalko or Shorty. I think either of these two pieces would have been much more popular than milking another Indy with a poorly produced outfit and no accessories other than an undersized bazooka.

But then again, absolutely every license-holder failed with Indy.

If only SS would sell headsculpts.

I have this wonderful head sculpt.

Just kidding. What an awesome likeness. I wish this was available. Makes sense for me to have one. ;(

Wow, so Sideshow does have their hands on this one...it will probably never see the light of day which is a shame...but I guess that leaves more hope for Shorty than if it were in the hands of a single collector.

If Sideshiow bought it they'd be stupid not to use it, especially with that alleged Mine Car environment they teased us about years ago.

Yes, that Shorty headsculpt is awesome!! i wish I could have one, too. I love TOD and want a Mola Ram and Willie Scott also!

WOW, that's a shame since I love TOD too and I would love to have Willie with Mola and Shorty... does anyone has images of that mine cart environment?

Posted on Ask Sideshow 10/27/10:

"Okay, you may want to sit down for this… We have indeed started development work on a Short Round figure in 1:6 scale. We’ll be taking it slow, developing Indy, SR, and other TOD characters for release a little further down the road – but we have commitments…"

Yes, over 18 months ago, and they have since mentioned something about hitting a snag in development on Shorty - the body I believe. This Ask Sideshow answer was probably posted only a few months after they bought the head from Trevor.

There hasn't been a peep from Sideshow about TOD stuff in well over a year, but I still feel that the planning for the Mine Cart and Shorty were meant to tie into a HT TOD Indy release late this year... which may not happen now due to the HT ROTLA Indy response.

Wouldn't have happened anyway. Hot Toys is so far backed up on late releases for the next 24 months at least. They'd rather push out Avengers, Iron Man or keep having their pissing contest with Enterbay over Terminator rehashes.

I would too! I'm tired of both of these companies sitting on their asses with this license. Either **** or get off the pot!

Back