Glad to be here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman1188

SO BE IT
Reaction score
Was working overnight and rushed to ER with chest & left arm pain. ER said I had a clot and was having a heart attack. They immediately flew me to a cardiac care ER where they did a cardiac catheter procedure. They did not find a clot and said it wasn't a heart attack. They did find two arteries 50% blocked but said that probably wasn't the cause for the pain.
Several doses of nitro, morphine, percocet, dilaudin and god knows what else, I began to have the pain subside.
Scary to say the least.
Back home now, spending a week following up with doctors.

Glad to see you are still with us.

Was this due to poor eating habits? It scares me sometimes to think that food can kill us. I just love it so much. Luckily I don't eat too much all the time.

...as I shove cake into my mouth.

Good to hear you came through. Time to get on a health kick.

Out of curiosity, your description it reads as though they went ass backwards with their diagnostics, starting with the most invasive. Did they ultrasound, MRI, assume off labs for a clot? Did they give you nitro before you flew out?

glad you made it out ok as well. looks like we both need to hit the gym soon. whatever you do , dont tell thenammagazine about your ordeal because he'll try to say something in the same vein as Howard Stern but not nearly as clever.

PS

look at the brightside , you got the week off without using a vacation .

I'm so glad you're still with us I-man...

I hope they find out what caused the scare, you really need to do follow-up tests and it wouldn't hurt to get second and third opinions.

Be well and take good care of yourself, and don't hurry back to work if you don't have to.

Jim

Welcome to Freaks! :duff

Wait. This isn't an introduction thread? Well, glad you're not dead. :duff

Back