Takara Catwoman, Hot Toys Batman reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
First up, I'm almost done posting all my SDCC coverage. I'm betting that between tonight and tomorrow night, it will be a wrap. Once again, it was an amazing time, and if you get the chance to go, jump at it!

Ah, but let's get back to the reviews. In all the discussion around the Takara and Hot Toys Batman figures hitting the streets, people have been missing out on perhaps the best of the Bat related 12" figures - the Takara Cool Girls Catwoman. I was extremely impressed by this figure, and it is my favorite recent purchase.

The guest review is from anti-hero and covers the Hot Toys Batman. I've also covered the Hot Toys Batman last week at Quick Stop, and you can get both opinions for a comparison. You can find all the reviews, along with my SDCC coverage, at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

As to the Hot Toys and Takara Bats - I have my Takara version now, but rather than do a single review of just that figure, I plan on pulling out the DC Direct and Medicom versions, and doing a huge comparison feature of all four on Sunday night. It should be interesting - thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Great stuff Michael and I have to give it up to our very own board homie anti-hero for his review as well. Anit-hero had the temerity to get to the bottom of this HT cowl discussion, freeze-frame "Batman Begins" and hold his HT Bats to the screen to compare for cowl film accuracy, now that is dedication bro...

and I like his verdict, have to do that next time I fire up my BB DVD...

Very much looking forward to your review Sunday night Michael...

I really wish that the Cy-Girls would go with more realistic headsculpts... the Barbie-ish nature just doesn't work. Thankfully her mug is well covered by the cowl... overall a really nice figure! Can't wait to see the break-down on the Takara bats... so will there not be an actual review just for him?

review_takcatwoman_8.jpg

:lol Look at the Hot Toys version of Batman next to the Takara version of Batman.

Well, his review will be part of the overall comparison. Hard to compare without in effect reviewing him!

Great review Michael. I'm now glad I canceled Anakin to get Catwoman.
You mention that there's some online retailers that have her available for about $100.
I tried looking around and the best price I could find was $135, could you post what websites that still have her available for $100 (preferably within the continental US)

screamingmetal said:
Great review Michael. I'm now glad I canceled Anakin to get Catwoman.
You mention that there's some online retailers that have her available for about $100.
I tried looking around and the best price I could find was $135, could you post what websites that still have her available for $100 (preferably within the continental US)

She was still available as of yesterday at Big Bad Toy Store for $95, but I haven't checked since then. I bought mine through Toy2.net I think...

Michael Crawford said:
She was still available as of yesterday at Big Bad Toy Store for $95, but I haven't checked since then. I bought mine through Toy2.net I think...
Thanks, but unfortunately she's sold out at both Big Bad Toy Store and Toy Square.

Collector Freak said:
review_takcatwoman_8.jpg

:lol Look at the Hot Toys version of Batman next to the Takara version of Batman.

Looking at this picture, I am reminded of Anaya's request in "The Replacement" when the gang discovered there were 2 Xanders:

Anya: Well, maybe we shouldn't do this reintegration thing right away. See, I can take the boys home and we can all have sex together, and then, you know, just just slap 'em together in the morning.
Confident Xander: She's joking.
Lame Xander: No, she's not! She entirely wants to have sex with us together, which is... wrong, and – and it would be very confusing.
Giles: We just need to arrange the candles. Also, we should continue to pretend we heard none of the disturbing sex talk.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Come on (no pun intended), you know Selina's character would be thinking that.

pjam said:
Catwoman clearly seems to be leaning towards the HT Bat "Man" body...:lol

Also, Micheal REALLY should have placed the whip in a different position before he snapped that shot... it just looks.. well, kind of suggestive.

:rotfl -------->:monkey3

DouglasMcc said:
Also, Micheal REALLY should have placed the whip in a different position before he snapped that shot... it just looks.. well, kind of suggestive.

:rotfl -------->:monkey3
I didn't even notice that. :rotfl

TheObsoleteMan said:
I didn't even notice that. :rotfl

Well, the way I look at it, Batman is prepared for everything: if he's carrying around a raincoat to protect him from acid or Joker gas... well, you would think he would have one for other events as well.

:rotfl Okay, time to stop.... but so.... har....er.... difficult to resist.... childish..................humor....

Back