Awesome Gremlins Fan made shot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crows

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't know If this has been talked about already, but this is pretty amazing, I thought, it's pretty cool, someone did a short Gremlins film, using other movies as the base:
[ame]https://youtu.be/REGCV6z3VkM[/ame]

Goes on a bit too long to work in the movie as the film break but is very well done and some nice choices and good editing.

the batman stuff was awesome, really made me laugh,

the exorcist also made me laugh, this was really cool, I would watch a movie based on this. the gremlins messing up movies,

the batman stuff was awesome, really made me laugh,

the exorcist also made me laugh, this was really cool, I would watch a movie based on this. the gremlins messing up movies,

It's in the original Gremlins 2, the film does break and feature them in other movies. They just changed the way it breaks to make it look more like a modern day on demand type menu and added more iconic movies. I thought the Goonies one worked perfectly. Also I believe WB owns all those movies, I'd love to see them actually change the movie to include something like this, the current break isn't "untouchable" imo.

I remember the movie breaking and the lady in the theater arguing with the theater guy, and I remember Hulk Hogan ripping his shirt, but not the movie stuff,

You maybe correct, it's been years since I caught Gremlins 2, I just remember the break definately being there and could have sworn I've seen something similar to this.

I remember the movie breaking and the lady in the theater arguing with the theater guy, and I remember Hulk Hogan ripping his shirt, but not the movie stuff,

You maybe correct, it's been years since I caught Gremlins 2, I just remember the break definately being there and could have sworn I've seen something similar to this.

There were different break scenes for movie theaters (the film itself appeared to get burnt on screen) and home video copies (gremlins switching channels).

There were different break scenes for movie theaters (the film itself appeared to get burnt on screen) and home video copies (gremlins switching channels).

wow I never knew about the Gremlins switching channels, I dont think Ive seen that before

wow I never knew about the Gremlins switching channels, I dont think Ive seen that before

One of those funny ideas was that the Gremlins gain control over the movie for a short time. In the theatrical release, it looks like a broken reel, followed by Gremlins messing around and inserting an own movie. Luckily, Wrestling superstar Hulk Hogan (at the peak of his career at the time) is sitting in the audience and convinces the Gremlins to continue with the actual movie.
Some of the audience at the time report that often especially the younger people were looking for either Gremlins or the Hulkster in the auditorium.

Nevertheless it was clear that this joke would lose much impact on tape or on TV. So it was decided to insert an alternative scene for the VHS version which would have a similar effect on the home audience that had often been annoyed by messed up tapes. In this version, it looks like the tape is messed up and the Gremlins have taped over it. They switch through several channels and it ends up in a John Wayne movie where the Duke 'convinces' the Gremlins to return to their own movie immediately.

On the DVD-release, you again have the theatrical version with Hulk Hogan, but the alternative scene of the VHS version is included as easter egg.
However, some fans who didn't know the theatrical version did complain about the missing John-Wayne-gag (which already had happened vice versa at the release of the VHS-version)...

Read more here.

Well there ya go, I've only ever seen it on VHS, but they must have at some point played the movie theatre version on tv, because I've seen that one as well. I definately remember both Hulk and the Duke.

Back