Is this an authentic SMG autograph?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

risingstar

Super Freak
Reaction score
SMG has certainly changed the way she signs autographs over the years. For example, nowadays, it appears she rarely includes her last name in her signings and opts simply to write Sarah Michelle. While she was on Buffy, she used to sign her whole name. I remember seeing numerous examples of the autograph featured below while she still worked on the show, perhaps when she was around 19 or 20. Can anyone comfirm if they have signatures from this era of signings or if it's actually authentic at all?

It comes with a COA from "Bubble & Squeak 6285 East Spring Street #228, Long Beach, Ca 90808." Then again, anyone can produce a COA.

Thoughts?

SMGpic.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could help, but sadly, I don't know enough about the signature aspect of it. I'm always skeptical of signatures unless I get them in-person myself. But nowadays, that's near impossible with Sarah.

Hopefully, someone may be of more help. Thanks for sharing though.

I wouldn't trust a seller of a SMG auto because she is very hard to come by. She refused to sign for all the Inkworks Buffy sets and they made at least 10 different sets.
Any auto I've seen of hers looks like the one you have pictured and I haven't looked at an auto from her for many years, so I think it would be an old one.

I'm not surprised her signature has changed, I know mine is completely different now to what it was less than 10 years ago when I was around that same age.

I wouldn't trust a seller of a SMG auto because she is very hard to come by. She refused to sign for all the Inkworks Buffy sets and they made at least 10 different sets.
Any auto I've seen of hers looks like the one you have pictured and I haven't looked at an auto from her for many years, so I think it would be an old one.

I'm not surprised her signature has changed, I know mine is completely different now to what it was less than 10 years ago when I was around that same age.

That's what I thought too. Bizarre how signed pics which typically surfaced between seasons 1 and 3 rarely, if ever pop up. Even more bizare, is how sigs evolve over the years... Artists are even stranger about it as their bank check signature and their cover/sketch art signature are often completely different.

I suppose they just don't want to let go of them considering how rare they are.

Would prolly be worth more if she put the signature on her bewb.
:lecture

My first thought was, "who would want to forge her signature?" But I know there is a strong niche base of fans of this show, so I guess it is possible. Just seems like if you were gonna try to forge a signature for profit, you could pick thousands of other options that would be more lucrative than this (dead actors or writers, politicians and other historically significant people, etc.).

In other words, I don't know squat about what her signature is supposed to look like. . .but I think it's legit :lol

If we didn't have to worry about counterfeits, we could call it day. Case closed. :lecture

Stupid counterfeiters. :( :lol

Any other leads, Rising? I'm curious.

If we didn't have to worry about counterfeits, we could call it day. Case closed. :lecture

Stupid counterfeiters. :( :lol

Any other leads, Rising? I'm curious.

We can never be sure about autographs until we get it ourselves, right?

SMG has always been a bit bizarre with publicity.
I mean, she all but didn't show up in the Buffy extra features on the season DVDs. That always struck me as bizarre.

Last edited:
"Oh I want to disassociate myself from this sort of thing and become a serious actress" may have had something to do with it. Though I'm sure her attitude, if that is what it is, will change over the years.

That pic though, forgot what a little stunner she was.

"Oh I want to disassociate myself from this sort of thing and become a serious actress" may have had something to do with it. Though I'm sure her attitude, if that is what it is, will change over the years.

That pic though, forgot what a little stunner she was.

I always thought it was funny that she was the one that wanted out of the show, but the other actors went on to do other things and not her :lol

Yes, but I am unsure of how the show is actually doing. Anyone know? I started watching it, but then I would let episodes pile up on my dvr and I would never feel an urge to watch them. It's sad.

Yes, but I am unsure of how the show is actually doing. Anyone know? I started watching it, but then I would let episodes pile up on my dvr and I would never feel an urge to watch them. It's sad.

Ringer! Yes, I watch this show. It's great, I love it. I hope it makes it to season 2. This show needs support. I hope it doesn't go the Dollhouse path, another great show.

SMG has certainly changed the way she signs autographs over the years. For example, nowadays, it appears she rarely includes her last name in her signings and opts simply to write Sarah Michelle. While she was on Buffy, she used to sign her whole name. I remember seeing numerous examples of the autograph featured below while she still worked on the show, perhaps when she was around 19 or 20. Can anyone comfirm if they have signatures from this era of signings or if it's actually authentic at all?

It comes with a COA from "Bubble & Squeak 6285 East Spring Street #228, Long Beach, Ca 90808." Then again, anyone can produce a COA.

Thoughts?

SMGpic.jpg

Honestly. There is no way of telling of the autograph is authentic unless you get it done in person. Even PSA/DNA have been known to pass quite a few fakes. I wouldn't trust a 2nd party seller (especially on ebay) with an autograph even with their own "COA" or "hologram".

The thing is SMG is one of the toughest signers in the entertainment field. Many people that have tried TTM in the past were given preprints of her autographs (on an 8x10 or smaller) from her agency. I'd use caution with the seller. If it's too good to be true, it probably is.

I always thought it was funny that she was the one that wanted out of the show, but the other actors went on to do other things and not her :lol

?

She's worked consistantly since Buffy. Scooby Doo 2, The Grudge straight after Buffy ended in 04. If that isn't moving on to other things I don't know what is.

She probably just didn't want to jump back into television and do the same thing for years on end.

?

She's worked consistantly since Buffy. Scooby Doo 2, The Grudge straight after Buffy ended in 04. If that isn't moving on to other things I don't know what is.

She probably just didn't want to jump back into television and do the same thing for years on end.

yeah scooby doo was a huge moneymaker :lol

Last edited:
Back