Will HT ever get a 1/6 Marvel comic license?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarver

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm sure that you guys have probably discussed this a lot, but I don't follow the ins and outs of HT. With HT getting the license for DC Arkham City games, it seems they're moving out of purely movie. Is 1/6 Marvel Comic license even a possibility for them? Just curious, and sorry if this has been beaten to death. :)

I'm really happy that I'm not the fresh fish in prison with this group. lol

Is there any reason why Ht wouldn't do marvel comic characters? Is there license only on Movie stuff?

I think I remember reading a SS person talking about how convoluted the licensing is for Marvel. For example, the Marvel Zombies, is a whole different license.

I think I remember reading a SS person talking about how convoluted the licensing is for Marvel. For example, the Marvel Zombies, is a whole different license.

Ah, didn't know that. Kind of strange though that they are all different licenses.

Hot Toy's strength is in movie-based figures with (mostly) amazing sculpts and costuming; I can't see them having any interest in a comic-based line.

I think they could do it. I am sure that one of the reasons the figures are so expensive is the actual movie licenese themselves. If they where to come down and only have to deal with Disney/marvel I am sure that we would see the price come down.

As far as face sculpts go their only issue would be characters with open faces. For example I bet they could do a kick ass Crimson Dynamo, or Hobgoblin, Venom or even someone like Juggernaught.

I would kill for more "True to Comic" looking figures. This is one of the reasons I love the Milk WM and passed on the movie version.

sideshow is getting or has the license already (forget which one it was....:)

....wait until SDCC for more update and unveiling of their new superhero bodies...

*oops...did i say all that!?!?

Arkham City is a video game license. They have done video games products before.

I was thinking if they got the Marvel VS Capcom 3 license that would pretty much cover every comic character I would want. And it seems like a better chance than them acquiring a generic comic license.

But really I dont want HT to start making comic characters cause then they would own my soul :lol At that point, they would be drug dealers I'd be buying them indefinitely with no end in sight :horror

There is nothing I want more than for HT to make this happen! Then again with all those characters and the inevitable repaints,that could get super expensive. Id be hooked forever and that is scary...:horror

Great idea Centrocal,a MvC license would be perfect a starting point. Ill take a Hulk,Wolverine,Dr. Doom,Iron Fist,Deadpool ah ____, Ill take em all :gah::slap

Back