Gandalf The Bronze: 2 pieces on Ebay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goliath

Super Freak
Reaction score
If anyone is interested AND has some spare cash:

GTB1

GTB2

Plus the seller has to small packages of Balrog / Cave Troll / Watcher in the Water / Stone Trolls for sale, too:

Package 1

Package 2

Local pickup in Munich, Germany only. ...is it destiny that I will be in Munich next Monday...? :lol

Calle_Sandell said:
Since SS sold it for more then the double?

Sideshow originally sold it for $6495.00....His buy it now is over $28,000....Thats 4 times what it sold for from Sideshow...

we all know how rare the GTG bronze statue is. what are the odds of this seller having 2 of them? i just have the feeling that scalpers would stay away from this because of the cost involved so they were mostly brought by serious and rich collectors. thus we don't really see them around on sale much.

are my eyes playing tricks on me... i click on both links of the bronze statue and it seems like it says they are both numbered 17 of 36. that's impossible. either he accidentally listed a duplicate, forgot to edit the description. i believe he's legit since he allows cash payment upon pick up.

with all those said, still it's not like anyone here will bid for it. right??? :monkey1

How much does it cost a seller with an eBay store to list something like this and it doesn't sell?

Concerning the Balrog/Cave Troll, Watcher and Stone Trolls package, that would be worth approx $4,500 - $5,000 currently, yet this guy is asking $8,800?

And GTB? Nutjob! (unless someone actually bids $28,000 for it, then kudos).
I have seen GTB only twice on eBay over the last 2 years and both times they went for under retail. $4000 US and less...

Beren

This seller is listing these statues (GTB and Balrog, Cave Troll, Watcher and Stone Trolls separately) for ages now (at least since January I think) and they never sell. But he is relisting them with the same (crazy) prices every time. Don't know what he is thinking. Must have cost him a fortune already.

For that amount of money.................I would definately hope it was legit..............even though it is very limited..........no way I would pay anything near that for one.................

Sure it would be a good investment if you bought one for $7000 and sold it for what he is asking. But like someone pointed out above............the collectors with the money are the ones that bought these up. No way he is selling it cause he needs the money that bad. Kinda sad with how limited it was, that it couldn't have been kept by the original buyer.

My bet he's a distributor (I know some in europe still have these standing around) and with the prices they're asking for them over here I'm not surprised they still haven't sold them. I guess all it takes is one lunatic or lottery winner and they get a pretty decent profit.

I know I wouldn't feel comfortable bringing that sorta cash to a hands on transaction either.

It doesn't seem fishy, it just doesn't seem very smart or rational.

Dynaheir said:
This seller is listing these statues (GTB and Balrog, Cave Troll, Watcher and Stone Trolls separately) for ages now (at least since January I think) and they never sell. But he is relisting them with the same (crazy) prices every time. Don't know what he is thinking. Must have cost him a fortune already.

Well, IF somebody actually will purchase any of these high-priced items, it will have well paid off even if he had to re-list for a year... :D

also i think he can stop the listing at some point if nobody's bid on them, and not have to pay the fees, or less fees, or something. someone who knows more about ebay chime in.

MAN I wish I was billionaire I would so be getting all of these LOTR polystone. Wish I would have known about Sideshow when they were sold originally.

jason2885 said:
MAN I wish I was billionaire I would so be getting all of these LOTR polystone. Wish I would have known about Sideshow when they were sold originally.

If I was a billionaire, I would buy Peter Jackson's house! :rock

LINQ0311 said:
If I was a billionaire, I would buy Peter Jackson's house! :rock

I'm sure if you offer enough for his house, he'll throw in a couple of his old y-fronts that he wore during the filming of the LOTR trilogy seeing as they don't fit him anymore :D

block said:
I'm sure if you offer enough for his house, he'll throw in a couple of his old y-fronts that he wore during the filming of the LOTR trilogy seeing as they don't fit him anymore :D

Sweet! Anyone have his number so I can make the offer? :p

Back