Scottyb AKA ROTS V2 Anakan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottyb

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all I been loving all the custom Work i seen around here and u all have inspired me to get involved in custom's and painting. I really needed another hobby other than pwning scrub's in sc2. Anyhow I have a few things here to show to start. I hope u all enjoy.

Mace Windu Unknown who painted the sculpt

DSC02927.jpg

DSC02926.jpg

DSC02925.jpg

Shock's Revan Finished by Shock

DSC02930.jpg

DSC02931.jpg

DSC02929.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Scottyb AKA (yourmaster) Custom's/WIP Phase one casting's

Here Is the Very first piece I ever painted. He's not yet finished the shoulder armour need's readjusting and a tiny bit of weathering. The belt and skirt are temporary also the hands are temporary . Im very happy with they way he turned out considering this is the first thing i ever painted. For some reason he look quite a bit better in hand!

DSC02924.jpg

DSC02922-Copy-Copy.jpg

Ok So while i was waiting for shocks Revan to arrive i decided i was going to take up painting. I i got creative with the tt head i had waiting for revan. I have a lot to improve on here but again for my first paint app on a head im surprisingly happy with the way it came out. (the hair and eye brows arnt painted) I was going for a sith look.

DSC02895.jpg

DSC02894.jpg

DSC02893.jpg

I have a few tricks up my sleeve for the next head And i hope it will even turn out better.

Last edited:
Re: Scottyb AKA (yourmaster) Customs/wip

Paint apps on the armor and head look good to me, :clap nice job. Did you look at some tutorials or just wing it? As for Revan, Hot Toys, eat your heart out!!! :lecture

I winged it for the armour An i followed a great tutorial for the paint on the head and kinda winged the skin tone and shading.

Looking great scottyb, loving that Sithstalker and nice paint for your 1st go, keep posting!

thanks for the comments guys!

Made my first mold and casting today. I would call it a 75% successful. From a foot or 2 away u would say its perfect but i seem to have a whole bunch of tiny little holes/imperfections mabey smaller than the head of a pin in a bunch of places. I think i stirred the silicone for the mold to fast . I think i should have slowly stirred it once it was mixed for like another minute or so? If u guys have any tips for this that would be great! Is there anything i can apply to the head after casting to cover them? Will the paint possibly cover them?

Only had one small air bubble in the cast on one of his ears. Is there something i can fill it with?

I would really appreciate and help hint tips or comments u guys have that might help me out here. Also curious to know what products all u pro's are using. The rtv i have for this is to expensive here in canada like 35$ for 1 pound Witch id be lucky to make 2 molds with. Im leaning towards the micro marks 50-50 rtv but im not sure i heard 50-50 was for beginners. Anyone use that stuff?

All replace this picture after its not great!

DSC02945.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

I heard to avoid lots of bubbles pour it really slowly.

For filling holes in sculpts etc i just use milliputt. Put it on then water it down so its smooths on like paste. After a few hours just sand any excess off.

I heard to avoid lots of bubbles pour it really slowly.

For filling holes in sculpts etc i just use milliputt. Put it on then water it down so its smooths on like paste. After a few hours just sand any excess off.

Thanks for the tip crim! An yea i poured it as slow as could be.

casting # 2 came out almost perfect. With out a vacuum chamber im not sure it can get any better. ( Im replicating these heads for painting practice not for resale in case anyone is wondering)

DSC02955.jpg

DSC02956.jpg

U know Steve im not sure. I Got it from ebay. The sculpt unpainted seems quite good but i did not nail the likeness when i painted it. The seller could not show me a finished pic before i bought it witch i thought was odd. We will see how it turns out after the next few attempts to paint it.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/30053627279...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648#ht_3155wt_1396

Here is some WIP pics of the luke sculpt. Few things left to do like touch up his hair line and add in some dry brushing to the hair. Plus finish his eyes and some final blending/glaze to the eys and lips. Im not sure how i want to attack the eyes here. Im not exsacty sure witch way to point them ect. If anyone has any suggestion please let me know.

DSC02968.jpg

DSC02970.jpg

DSC02964.jpg

I Also received a much anticipated package from boba mike with some exceptional peaces i cant wait to start. Thanks mike!! ENy meany miny moe?

DSC02972.jpg

Re: Scottyb AKA (yourmaster) {DARTH Nihilus INTEREST/WIP}P#2

OK Folk's Id like to share some early WIP pictures of something i have been working on for a few weeks. A lot of the custom work here from the sw section has inspired me to get involved in this hobby. So im gona dive in head first and come up with something I think is original and high quality.

Hopefully if there is enough interest in this project i can convince my tailor to pull off a run and get some of this work into the hands of collectors. Im posting here in the sw section first to give u guy's all the first chance to see this and join the interest list. (If there is interest ?LOL) Before i take it to the main interest boards. This tailor i have a chance to work with would like to get into making 1/6 costumes and id like to be the one working with her.

Please keep in mind these are VERY EARLY pictures of the prototype! A bunch of the sewing is unfinished a lot will be changing. The material may change. I firstly will be personaly reworking the horn's/deformed head. And the bulkiness in the waist is temporary. Also I have a talent sculptor sculpting the necked head with face mask. Belt and gloves are temporary. Really sorry for the crappy pics my kids killed my camera these are from the tailors iphone.

Please PM me if u would like to join the interest list. I need at least 10 interested to get the tailor interested. I will reveal more details if we can get enough interest in this.

INTERESTED LIST:
-Elijah (rebelscum)
-J973 (rebelscum)
--Levit05
-LordAzrael
-grievous66 (rebelscum)
- mookeylama

DARTH Nihilus

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Scottyb AKA (yourmaster) {DARTH Nihilus Intrest/WIP} P2

Wow, really nice! Good choice of materials! And I'm looking forward on mask...

PS: Nice wife too ;)

Back