John Carter sixth scale action figure review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
John Carter hasn't been doing great at the box office (although people I trust say it's quite good), and no one picked up the license for toys. But Triad went back to the original and released both a John Carter and Tars Tarkas figure based on the original descriptions in the books - I'm checking out John tonight. You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

Wouldn't it be nice if HT came out with one, and complimented it with a Dejah Thoris as well?

I'd love for HT to make one. I think MC rated this a bit high. Most of the outfit looks nice but that's about it to me.

It's easy to make one yourself. Grab a new HT muscle body and the Taylor Kitsch true type head, the chest armor from the triad version and some cut-down Dastan boots and voila!

The one that came with the male caucasian from last year. TTM-14.

TTM14Head.jpg

I read that it wasn't that the license wasn't picked up but that Disney opted not to produce toys for the film.
For mine, I took Triad's offering and swapped heads [all triad's sculpts seem way too similar] with the Kaustic Plastic Heroic body sculpt. Not film accurate but reminiscent of classic illustrations of him.

The leather straps are all wrong since the Triad one was based on the books rather than the film but good effort.

It's easy to make one yourself. Grab a new HT muscle body and the Taylor Kitsch true type head, the chest armor from the triad version and some cut-down Dastan boots and voila!

I figured out the hardway that the reason all the Taylor Kitsch "Gambit" heads and full true types suddenly disappeared was because people were picking them up for John Carter.
I was planing on using one for an Alexander the Great so I luckily found a good deal on Ebay a month ago.

Looks great Captnemo!

I have a head but with all the new bodies that have been hitting I'm going to wait a while longer before I pull the trigger. The HT muscle is good but I'd like something with realistic legs. Kaustic has them on their slim muscle but the hips joints are huge compared to the upper body. Hopefully someone comes out with a happy medium.

Triad is also doing statues of Tars Tarkas and a Thoat.The Tars sculpt is,sadly,way over-muscled and just not working for me. The Thoat is based on the book's description.Haven't seen it advertised anywhere,but I've heard a rumor that it was sculpted by a board member...PS

From the for what it's worth department: toyanxiety.com has parted out the Triad John Carter, and you can pick up a full set of clothing for under $80.00. Might be good news for someone thinking of putting together a John Carter bash.

Old Grandpa

Back